Customers can enjoy new telemovies, Merdeka specials and documentaries as part of Astro’s ‘Malaysiaku, Kita Selamat Bersama’ campaign from 25th August to 17 September 2020. Among some of the new titles are:-
- Bertakhta Di Hati Rakyat: This two-part documentary directed by Basir Siswo, records the life of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah and his installation as the 16th King of Malaysia. (Astro Prima CH 105, August 30 & 31, 9.30pm).
- Malaysia vs Covid-19 directed by Lina Tan explores heartwarming stories of patients and their family members, frontliners and volunteers during the COVID-19 pandemic and how Malaysians persevered to help, protect and save each other and the country they love. (Astro Ria CH 104, Astro AEC CH 306, Astro Vinmeen HD CH 231, Hello CH 702 and Astro Awani CH 501 on September 12, 6pm)
- Judi Dench Wild Borneo Adventure chronicles Academy Award-winning British actress, Judi Dench’s journey of a lifetime to uncover the lush rainforests, magical wildlife and spectacular coastlines of Malaysian Borneo. (Discovery Asia CH 553, September 6, 9pm)
- Work To Live S2 showcases a fading traditional legacy that is being reawakened by youngsters who are breathing new life into traditional trades such as wedding chaperoning, rattan weaving, traditional medicine and many more. (Astro AEC CH 306, September 6, every Sunday, 9pm)
- Ottrumaiye Balam features a collection of six short stories with the theme “stronger together” from each decade beginning from the 1950s by S. Balachandran, Shunmugam Karuppannan (Shan) and Ravivarman Vicraman @Candyman. (Astro Vaanavil CH 201, August 30 & 31, 2pm).
- Special Merdeka-themed shows include Aku Posmen, Kau Latifah, Dia Joseph starring Lisa Surihani who portrays a widow battling depression after losing her husband who served in the army and her journey to recovery, H Live Special 63 Tahun Muzik, H Live Special 63 Tahun Filem, Motif Viral, Bawang Live (Astro RIA CH 104); Punchline (Astro Warna CH107); 24 for 2020 Merdeka featuring BoBoiBoy Movie 2, Gostan, Super Game Boy: The Geng Return (Astro Ceria CH 611); [email protected], PM Bersama AM, Berbulu ngan Burn and Borak Borak Botak celebrates best Malaysian sporting moments (Astro Arena CH 801); 8 Best Malaysian Tamil movies (Astro Vaanavil CH 201) and Nakkeeran and Rap Porkalam Grand Finals (Astro Vinmeen CH 231).
- Astro Awani (CH 501) will feature a host of special features on our country’s history and new norms leading up to Agenda Awani Khas Merdeka and Consider This with Eddin Khoo on his project Rukun Negara (31 Aug).
Go Shop’s ‘Jom Go Lokal’ campaign offers shoppers discounts up 63% off on selected products and deals below RM63 during this period across its TV, online and mobile platforms.
In the spirit of Merdeka, Malaysians who wish to wear face masks inspired by the Jalur Gemilang can purchase limited-edition fabric face masks designed by Astro Gempak in collaboration with fashion designer Datuk Radzuan Radziwill on https://www.goshop.com.my/ and www.radzuanradziwill.com/merdeka-mask.
In the spirit of helping the community during times of need, Astro continues to support Pusat Darah Negara (PDN) via TV, radio and digital platforms, by encouraging Malaysians to participate in blood donation drives held in various locations. For more info, please visit www.pdn.gov.my.
The ‘Malaysiaku, Kita Selamat Bersama’ campaign reminds Malaysians to embrace the spirit of togetherness as well as stay safe and strong as a nation. Hashtag #Malaysiaku #KitaSelamatBersama, the campaign draws upon the ‘pantun’ to amplify the uniqueness of the multi cultures in Malaysia.
Astro personalities like Luqman Hariz (Astro Awani), Suresh (RAAGA) and Hui Mei (AEC) will appear in a series of videos about relatable Malaysian scenarios, reciting specially crafted ‘pantuns’, each carrying a positive message of its own.