Prem Anand, Vice President, Indian Customer Business, Astro, said, “As we celebrate Deepavali and the Astro 25th anniversary this year, we offer our customers an exciting mix of high-quality local and international premieres to enjoy with family and friends. Customers can look forward to a range of shows from telemovies, variety shows and game shows to comedy debate shows, travelogues and web-series during this festive period. Despite the challenges faced during the pandemic, we continue to creatively champion our local talents and the production of more compelling content choices for our customers to enjoy, in appreciation for their support.”
All Astro customers can enjoy these premiering Deepavali specials on Astro Vaanavil HD (Ch 201):
- Local game shows Veetukku Veedu Deepavali, hosted by local talents, Geetha and Uthaya (RAAGA) featuring popular talents and director from ‘Tamiletchumy’ series, Dr. Vimala Perumal, Denes Kumar, Hemaji, Moon Nila, Nithya Shree and more; Kalakkal Jodigal anchored by popular local talents, Anantha and Revathi featuring Ben G, Prakash, and more.
- Local telemovies including romantic comedy Pallavi Bakery directed by local filmmaker Sathish Natarajan starring Irfan Zaini, Shalini Balasundaram, Vemanah and more; comedy drama Soppana Sundari by SD Puvanendran starring Sri Kumaran, Vidia Liana, Kirthiga, and more; and family drama Manameh Ketkava directed by Yuvaraj Krishnasamy starring Sara Baskin, Thevaguru, and more.
- Singaporean family telemovie Pugaipadam, and family drama Enakku 25 Unakku 45.
- Special Deepavali episode of popular local cooking show Anal Parakuthu featuring popular local talents including Sasi, Prasad, and Chandini Kaur.
- Local comedy tele-drama, Lock Down directed by Kirran Prashanth starring popular local artistes such as Havoc Naven, Havoc Mathan, Pashini, Kesavan and Sheezay.
- Deepavali special from local food travelogue, Rasikka Rusikka hosted by Shabby and Prasad.
- Deepavali Angpao LIVE contest hosted by local artiste, Nathiya Jayabalan, offering customers a chance to win exciting prizes including RM10,000 in cash prizes and 24 grams of gold worth RM6000, sponsored Abdul Razak Jewellers Sdn Bhd.
- Variety shows by local production teams, shot in India, including Shopping Killadis hosted by Rakshan and Jacquline Lydia featuring celebrity couples; Deepavali Ragalaiz anchored by hosts Jagan Purushottam and Nakshathra Nagesh featuring Thadi Balaji, Anita, Thangadurai, Jennifer, Bigg Boss Bala, and more.
- Comedy debate show, Comedy Mandram starring Madurai Muthu, Thangadurai, and more.
- Cooking show, Pasikithu Lah!! starring Manimegalai, singer Diwakar a.k.a Dhivagaran Santhosh, Gabby a.k.a Gabriella Charlton, Nakshathra Nagesh, and more.
- Award show Behindwoods Gold Icons that celebrates inspirational icons such as Ashwin, Sivaangi, Pugazh, Aari, Balaji, Rio, and more.
- Concerts celebrating legendary music icons, including Ilaiyaraaja 75 - Live in Concert Singapore featuring legendary singers including KS Chithra, Mano, Madhu Balakrishnan, Vijay Prakash, and more, and Nenje Ezhu - AR Rahman Live in Concert that presents highly-acclaimed singers such as Hariharan, Srinivas, Shwetha Mohan, Jonita Gandhi, Haricharan, Karthik, Vijay Prakash, and many more, performing top hits by the renowned music icon.
- Reality show, Mega Thala Deepavali anchored by Kiki Vijay and RJ Vijay on Zee Tamil HD (Ch 223).
- Drama film, Kasada Thapara starring Harish Kalyan and Priya Bhavani Shankar on Astro Thangathirai HD (Ch 241).
- Romance drama film, 14 Phere starring Vikrant Massey and Kriti Kharbanda; and action-drama film, Haathi Mere Saathi starring Rana Daggubati, Zoya Hussain and more on BollyOne HD (Ch 251).
- Tamil horror film, Cinderella on Astro First (Ch 480) starring Raai Laxmi, Sakshi Agarwal and Robo Shankar.
- In addition, all Malaysians can stream comedy drama web series Enna Kodumai Saar Ithu! premiering on digital platform, Astro Ulagam starring Ravin Rao Santeran and K. Prakas.
On the radio front, Malaysians can enjoy a special RAAGA Deepavali song RAAGAvin Oliyaai Tigazhvom sung by Santesh available on-air, on the SYOK app and on RAAGA’s YouTube channel. Listeners can also participate in RAAGA mattrum LoveMe-udan Oliyaai Tigazhvom, a community initiative to send photo or video Deepavali greetings to orphans from Pertubuhan Perkhidmatan Sosial dan Pembangunan Komuniti Daerah Gombak, Selangor. For more information, visit raaga.my.
In conjunction with the Deepavali celebration, Go Shop’s ‘Deepavali Festival Sale’ campaign offers customers up to 67% off from 14 October to 5 November 2021.
Customers will be able to shop from an extensive range of products such as home appliances, kitchenware, furniture and bedding to get their home festive ready, and other products include delightful snacks, digital electronics, beauty and fashion. In addition, customers can also catch Go Shop’s exclusive Deepavali programme every Saturday and Sunday at 1pm on Astro Vaanavil HD (Ch 201) till 7 November 2021.
New customers can enjoy RM15 off for their first purchase when they use the code ‘WEL15’. For more information, go to goshop.com.my or download the app on Google Play or App Store.
For more information on the Astro Deepavali premieres, visit astroulagam.com.my/Deepavali2021.