K-town has been hit by the pandemic situation like never before. Shoots halted indefinitely, film releases halted and stars are back in lockdown mode.
However, the quality of Kollywood films has only seen an upward trend with time as directors are experimenting with new genres and female stars are taking up more substantial roles in films.
Actresses like Samantha and Nayanthara are starring as the leads of films that are becoming commercial and critical successes.
According to a recent buzz going around on social media, these are the salaries of top Kollywood actresses:
- Nayanthara: Rs. 4 - 5 crores (RM 2.2 mil - RM 2.8 mil)
- Samantha: Rs. 3 - 4 crores (RM 1.7 mil - RM 2.2 mil)
- Keerthy Suresh: Rs. 3 crores (RM 1.7 mil)
- Kajal Aggarwal: Rs. 2 crores (RM 1.1 mil)
- Tamannaah: Rs. 1.5 crores (RM 855,000)
Even though the salaries are not confirmed, actresses have been increasingly getting more importance and opportunities in the industry. This has directly influenced the rise in their pay for every film.
Source: Cine Ulagam
Photo Credit: India Today, Times of India & Tollywood Net