Despite witnessing Samantha in trendy outfits as 'Khatija' in 'Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaathal,' nothing beats seeing her in sarees. The actress could pull off both traditional styles and contemporary draping of the six yards.
Here, we've listed ten saree looks from Samantha's closet to get you inspired:
1. Stripped Handloom Saree with a BeltSamantha is a strong advocate of the traditional weaving industry, and many of her ensembles include handloom sarees or outfits. On this particular occasion, the star wore a white full-handed, non-traditional long shirt-blouse with her handwoven black and white striped saree, and she pulled it off by accessorising with a belt and statement necklace.
2. Printed Blouse & Saree is the Way to GoAt the success meet for her film 'Rangasthalam,' Samantha donned a blue saree with printed patterns. It's typical to pair a printed saree with a plain top, however, Samantha took it further by wearing Anita Dongre's blue printed georgette saree with a matching halter neck silk blouse. To draw attention to the saree without going overboard, she wore no jewelry and kept her hair plain and short.
3. Block-printed Saree with Embroidered BlouseIn this Instagram post, Samantha wore an Ajrakh navy blue print sari with a gorgeous high neck hand-embroidered blouse and completed the look by adding a statement choker piece. 'Ajrakh' is a unique form of block printing used by weavers in Gujarat.
4. Ruffled Saree; A Contemporary TakeRuffled sarees are in rage at the moment! Samantha looked sensational in the maroon ruffled saree and matching embroidered bustier made by her close friend Shilpa Reddy. Keeping it simple and elegant as usual, the actress looked breathtaking with short-hair curls and red lips.
5. Bold Colours & Stripes in SilkSamantha's sense of style often reflects who she is as a person. The actress was wearing a 'Dhara' Mashru luxury silk sari from Raw Mango at a recent event named "Save Soil." The saree featured black and white stripes with a striking yellow border. She wore a tight round-collared yellow sleeveless blouse.
Similarly, she wore a striped, reversible silk saree and a white crop top for the 100-day celebrations of 'Irumbuthirai.' However, she chose contemporary gold earrings and kept her makeup minimal.
6. Pre-draped Ivory Saree with PearlsThe lovely actress posted pictures of her on Instagram in an ivory Abhishek Studio pre-draped saree. The saree had floral patterns with 'Chikankari' work, embellished with pearls and gems, and she wore it with a sleeveless blouse, similarly woven with pearl threads.
7. Saree with a Slit & Sequined Mesh TopAt the International Film Festival of India in Goa last year, Samantha was sensational in her red saree. She donned a sequined pre-draped saree with a floral-designed sequined top that has a mesh embodied neckline, and a plunge cut. The high slit in the saree was the highlight of her look!
8. Saree with Surreal Hand PaintingSamantha posted photos of herself wearing a coffee-colored 'Kalamkari' organza silk saree that was hand-painted with natural dye. The end of the drapes called 'pallu' featured gold borders embellished with lace and hanging tassels.
On another occasion, the actress was shown sporting a handpainted dull rose pure silk saree with a customized name stitched on it (her dog 'Hash').
9. Gold is TimelessSamantha chose a gold tissue sari by Good Earth to wear to a wedding in 2020. The actress paired her sari with a matching three-quartered blouse that has a plunging neckline. The look was rustic and elegant, adding to the her irresistable charm!
10. Return of the Black and Gold ComboIn this post, Samantha was wearing a black Anavila saree with a contrasting border and gold embroidered work on the short-sleeved blouse just before the premiere of her Telugu movie 'Jaanu.' Sophisticated, yet simple!
Source: Samantha's Instagram