Mon Oct 21 2019
Womenfolk have always been busy looking after their families.
The latest generation of women have even gone a few steps further by not only just taking care of their families, but working hard to ease their families' financial burden and carve their own career paths.
But how about taking care of their health?
Yoga has provided some tremendous benefits for women, as evident in the increasing number of ladies who are taking up the art. Here are 5 quick reasons why women should learn yoga.
1. Yoga improves your mood, makes you happy and calmYoga forms, including asana (body posture) practices, pranayama (breathing) and meditation, helps improve your mood. Asanas, for example, help in better blood circulation and increase endorphines, aka the 'happy' hormones. Proper breathing techniques pump in more oxygen to the brain and improve a person's mood. Meditation is known to make one calmer and better in making a decision. A happy you are the key to a happy family!
2. Yoga makes you flexibleOne common misconception about yoga is that it is only for a flexible person. In fact, practicing yoga can make a 'super' stiff person more flexible and increase endorphins and the flow of blood, improves posture, increases physical and mental relaxation, releases muscle tension and soreness, and reduces the risk of injury, and more. This itself is an interesting topic to explore further, especially for ageing women.
3. Yoga increases your confidenceYoga asanas contract your core stabilizing muscles, thus making you stand taller, so you look healthier and more confident. If you are looking at the possibility of growing taller, then do yoga! Besides that, good posture too can also make you look thinner. When you are taller, thinner, stand confidently, you are more active and energetic to do more.
4. Better sleep/ restYoga is the medicine for those having trouble to sleep. According to the National Sleep Foundation, yoga on a daily basis can help a person fall asleep faster, get longer sleep, and return to sleep more quickly if awoken in the middle of the night. Reports show rgar women in pre-menopause and post-menopausal stages are the ones facing the most problems in falling asleep. They are less satisfied with their sleep, and as many as 61% report suffering from imsomnia symptoms. Yoga can improve these symptoms when performed regularly.
5. Yoga makes you look beautifulHave you wondered why yoga instructors look more radiant and "glowy"? Well, that's because in addition to making you breathe easier and chill out, yoga does some pretty incredible things for your body, from the inside out. Since yoga makes you happy, confident, fell good about your surroundings, increases blood flow and oxygen intake, you will look radiant as a bonus!
With regular yoga practices of pranayama and meditation, you will reverse the signs of ageing, including wrinkles, saggy skin, crow's feet, and fine lines, among others. Yoga will also bring awareness that beauty is not just about how you look but how you feel.
Why wait? Do yoga now!
Nizha Periaswamy is a yoga instructor and freelance writer.
Photo source: Shakti School of Yoga
The Five Don'ts After a Rigorous Workout Session
While a rigorous workout session can leave us refreshed afterwards, these are the five Don'ts that you should observe after you are done.
The Yogic Diet To Boost Your Immunity
A strong immune system is crucial to fight off illnesses. Here are some good food habits that help boost your immunity...
Five Vital Numbers to Determine Heart Health
These five numbers are crucial to determine good heart health...
Tips To Prepare Your Children For Meditation
It is never too early or too late to get started on meditation. These tips may help you get your young ones started on this yogic practice...
Five 'Superfoods' that Help Keep Flu at Bay
Here are five superfoods that contain the necessary properties to keep the flu bug at bay...
These Six Things May Sabotage your Weight Loss Mission
Those wanting to shed the extra kilos, make sure you don't do these six things that may sabotage your mission.
Yoga And Its Benefits To Heart Patients
Here are some yoga poses and breathing techniques that can can help heart patients have a better life...
Tech Neck: Causes, Symptoms & Ways to Address it
It is estimated that almost half of workers from all industries worldwide suffer from 'tech neck'. This is a rundown of what it means, how it shows up, and ways to address it.
Open Your Heart Chakra To Build Stronger Relationships
Facing issues in your relationships? The blockage of your heart chakra could be one of the reasons. Learn how to 'unlock' it, here...
Premature Hair Graying: Here are the Culprits
These are some of the factors that cause premature graying of hair. See if you can identify with any of these and how you can address them.
10 Kollywood Movies that Featured More than One Composer
Check out these 10 Kollywood movies that featured more than one music composer...
Protein and Calcium Packed, This is Why We Should Add Paneer into Our Daily Diet
There are numerous health benefits associated with consuming the protein-powerhouse Paneer.
Top 10 Saree Inspirations from Actress Samantha's Closet!
We've listed ten saree looks from Samantha's closet to get you inspired. Check it out!
Tasty Maracurry Mess Recipes Fresh from The Pot!
Maracurry Mess is a show airing on Astro Vaanavil (Ch201), featuring renowned local chef Rajesh Subramaniam whipping up delicious vegetarian dishes.
Six Tips to Avoid Getting Stressed in a Traffic Jam
Nowadays, getting stuck in bad traffic is inevitable, but how we cope to it is what matters. Below are six tips on what to do if you find yourself in a bumper-to-bumper crawl...
Six Most Luxurious Prisons Around the World
Cramped conditions, poor lighting, and inhumane boarding facilities are among the thing that come to our mind when prison is mentioned. However, it is not the case with these six 'luxurious' prisons around the world...
5 Times Heroes Played a Super Villain Character!
Let's look at five top Kollywood actors who have portrayed supervillain characters in their films!
Four Late Versatile Actors Who Played All Roles Equally Well
These four actors may be long gone, but their ability to play any given role remains memorable and spoken about, until today...
புராணங்கள் கண்ட காவியக் காதல்
உண்மை காதலுக்கு நம் இதிகாச புராணங்களும் பல கதைகளைச் சொல்லுகின்றன.
Five Popular Deepavali Releases Of Superstar Rajinikanth!
Check out Superstar Rajinikanth's best Deepavali releases of all time: