Mon Oct 21 2019
Womenfolk have always been busy looking after their families.
The latest generation of women have even gone a few steps further by not only just taking care of their families, but working hard to ease their families' financial burden and carve their own career paths.
But how about taking care of their health?
Yoga has provided some tremendous benefits for women, as evident in the increasing number of ladies who are taking up the art. Here are 5 quick reasons why women should learn yoga.
1. Yoga improves your mood, makes you happy and calmYoga forms, including asana (body posture) practices, pranayama (breathing) and meditation, helps improve your mood. Asanas, for example, help in better blood circulation and increase endorphines, aka the 'happy' hormones. Proper breathing techniques pump in more oxygen to the brain and improve a person's mood. Meditation is known to make one calmer and better in making a decision. A happy you are the key to a happy family!
2. Yoga makes you flexibleOne common misconception about yoga is that it is only for a flexible person. In fact, practicing yoga can make a 'super' stiff person more flexible and increase endorphins and the flow of blood, improves posture, increases physical and mental relaxation, releases muscle tension and soreness, and reduces the risk of injury, and more. This itself is an interesting topic to explore further, especially for ageing women.
3. Yoga increases your confidenceYoga asanas contract your core stabilizing muscles, thus making you stand taller, so you look healthier and more confident. If you are looking at the possibility of growing taller, then do yoga! Besides that, good posture too can also make you look thinner. When you are taller, thinner, stand confidently, you are more active and energetic to do more.
4. Better sleep/ restYoga is the medicine for those having trouble to sleep. According to the National Sleep Foundation, yoga on a daily basis can help a person fall asleep faster, get longer sleep, and return to sleep more quickly if awoken in the middle of the night. Reports show rgar women in pre-menopause and post-menopausal stages are the ones facing the most problems in falling asleep. They are less satisfied with their sleep, and as many as 61% report suffering from imsomnia symptoms. Yoga can improve these symptoms when performed regularly.
5. Yoga makes you look beautifulHave you wondered why yoga instructors look more radiant and "glowy"? Well, that's because in addition to making you breathe easier and chill out, yoga does some pretty incredible things for your body, from the inside out. Since yoga makes you happy, confident, fell good about your surroundings, increases blood flow and oxygen intake, you will look radiant as a bonus!
With regular yoga practices of pranayama and meditation, you will reverse the signs of ageing, including wrinkles, saggy skin, crow's feet, and fine lines, among others. Yoga will also bring awareness that beauty is not just about how you look but how you feel.
Why wait? Do yoga now!
Nizha Periaswamy is a yoga instructor and freelance writer.
Photo source: Shakti School of Yoga
Break Those 'Bad Lifestyle Habits' and Start Living Healthy
Put your willpower to the test with these four basic habits for a healthy lifestyles that everyone should diligently practice...
Know Your Yoga Bandhas And Their Benefits
These are the four types of bandhas (locks) used in yoga and their benefits...
Five Reasons Why You Should Practice Yoga In the Morning
Here are the five benefits of practicing yoga in the morning...
The 32 Most Basic, Yet Effective Yoga Asanas
Although yoga started off with having thousands of poses, these are the 32 asanas considered the most useful for humans, and their respective benefits...
The 5 Elements In Our Body & The Mudras Tied To Them
Do you know that each finger in our hands corresponds to a natural element? These are the elements and the related mudras.
Yoga: Perfect For Flat Abs?
Do you know that yoga can help you get flat abs?
The Eight Most Powerful Yoga Siddhis
These are eight greatest siddhis in the Hindu scripture, and the powers they give...
The Power of ‘Aum’ Mantra
These are the benefits of the 'Aum' mantra...
This Ancient Remedy Cures Cough, Phlegm & Flu
Suffering from cough, flu and phlegm? This simple recipe with carrots could cure the condition within weeks.
Heal Your Body Using Powerful Yoga Mudras
Mudras are hand gestures that guide the energy flow to specific areas of the brain. Here are five of the most common mudras, and their benefits.
Andrea Jeremiah Gets Annoyed with the Media Because of This Reason!
Actress Andrea Jeremiah asks a crowd to shut up. Here's what happened...
Actor Dhanush's Tweet Angers Thala Ajith's Fans!
Actor Dhanush's latest tweet didn't go well with Thala Ajith's fans. Here's why!
Actress Samantha Gets Busy After Separation Announcement!
Actress Samantha is back in action! Guess what her plans are...
Have You Seen Bigg Boss Nadia Chang's Husband and Daughters?
Bigg Boss Nadia Chang's married and the pictures of her family of four go viral!
Join Tamilethumy Season 2 Watch & Win Contest 2021!
Along with the launch of Tamiletchumy 2, we are bringing you an exciting Watch & Win contest with TWO (2) winners every weekday!
Putrajaya Mulls Reopening Country's Borders For Vaccinated Tourists: Muhyiddin
Putrajaya may soon reopen the country's borders to fully vaccinated tourists from certain countries, without subjecting them to the mandatory quarantine, National Recovery Council chairman Muhyiddin Yassin has said.
Catch These Deepavali Specials on Astro!
All Astro customers can look forward to more premiering local and international Deepavali specials on TV, Astro GO and On Demand.
Eco-friendly: Girl, 14, Invents Solar-Powered Ironing Cart
A 14-year-old teenage girl is in the running to win a global prize for the environment, with her invention of a solar-powered ironing cart.
Cops Nab Duo Over Assault of Homeless People Outside Komtar Building
Police have detained two men who were caught on a now-viral video beating two homeless men with a cane (rotan), outside the Komtar building in George Town, Penang.
"Always Listen to Your Wife!" - Actor Nakkhul Gets Injured
Actor Nakkhul gets injured and admits to not listening to his wife's advice! Here's the video...