Can you smell what’s cooking? It’s our brand-new cooking show ‘Analparakuthu’ hosted by Rakesh with local celebrity guests! Watch the show every Sunday at 8pm only on Vaanavil HD CH201.
Also, keep your eyes glued to this page as we are eager to give away the tempting recipes from the show:
EP1: MUTTON CHUKKA
- Wash and clean 1 kg of mutton with bones thoroughly.
- Marinate it with 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tbsp pepper powder, ¼ lemon, and a pinch of salt.
- Next, refrigerate the mutton for 5 hours and cook it for 45 minutes until the meat becomes soft and tender.
- Separate the cooked mutton from the stock.
- Dry roast 2 pcs cinnamon, 2 pcs star anise, 6 pcs cloves, 10 dry chilies, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp fennel, and 1 tbsp coriander seeds over low heat until a nice aroma comes.
- Then add the mixture into a blender, add 1 small ginger, 3 cloves garlic, and mutton stock (as much as needed).
- Next, heat a pan and add ¼ cup of ghee and 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the oil heats, sauté 2 pcs bay leaves, 3 pcs cinnamon, 2 pcs star anise, 6 pcs cloves, 20 small onions, 2 tsp cumin, and 2 tbsp coriander powder.
- Add the cooked mutton, cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Next, add the blended mixture into the pan, add yogurt and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then pour the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk to taste and stir well.
- Lastly, off the heat and complement it with a handful of coriander leaves and curry leaves.
EP1: KADALAI MITTAI
- Grease the bottom and sides of the tray with ghee.
- Dry roast 1 cup of peanuts until golden brown, then keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add 1 cup of jaggery, water as needed, and salt to taste.
- Let it dissolve, add 1 tsp ghee and 1 tsp green cardamom powder, and cook until the syrup thickens to the right consistency.
- Next, off the heat, add the peanuts and mix well.
- Lastly, add the delicious Kadalai Mittai into the greased tray, let it cool and cut it into desired shapes.
EP1: KARUVEPPILAI SORU
- Cook a plate of white rice.
- To prepare the Karuveppilai paste, boil 2 green chilies, 2 ginger (1 inch), and 1 cup of curry leaves
- Once done, blend the mixture into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- To prepare the masala powder, dry roast 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tbsp urad dhal, 1 tbsp gram dhal, ¾ tbsp cumin, 4 round dried red chilies, and 1 cup of curry leaves.
- Then add the mixture into a dry blender and blend well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp mustard, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp gram dhal, ½ tbsp urad dhal, 1 tbsp groundnuts, 12 cashew nuts, 3 round dried red chilies, ½ tsp asafoetida, and stir well.
- Next add the karuveppilai paste, 1 plate of cooked rice, blended masala powder, and stir well.
- Lastly, add coconut oil to taste, a handful of coriander leaves, and mix thoroughly.
- The scrumptious karuveppillai soru is ready to be served.
EP 2: FISH VARUVAL
- Clean and slice the fish into pieces.
- Marinate the fish with 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ handful of curry leaves then squeeze half lemon and add salt; Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is heated fry the fish and turn it over to cook both sides.
- Fry the fish till it's cooked well and serve it hot!
EP 2: CARROT HALWA
- Grate 1kg of carrots.
- Melt 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add 10 cashew nuts, and 10 raisins; Stir till it turns into a golden colour.
- Next, add the grated carrots and sauté over medium heat till the carrot turns colour.
- Then, add a pinch of salt and 1 cup of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk.
- Continue stirring until most of the milk evaporates, and then add ¾ cup of sugar.
- Once the sugar melts, add 1 tbsp ghee and ¼ tsp cardamom powder; Stir well.
- Finally, garnish the delicious carrot halwa with almonds.
EP 2: KOLLU RASAM
- Add 2 small onions, 6 garlic cloves, 1 small ginger, 1 tbsp coriander seed, 1 tbsp peppercorn, 1 tbsp fennel, 1 tbsp cumin, enough water, and blend it thoroughly.
- Next, blend 2 tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Boil 1 cup of horse gram and separate the boiled water.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add 4 dry chilies, ½ handful of curry leaves, and the blended purees.
- Next, add in ½ tsp turmeric powder, horse gram boiled water, salt to taste, and tamarind water as needed.
- Lastly, add ½ tsp asafoetida, ½ handful of coriander leaves, and simmer for few minutes to complete the healthy Kolly Rasam.
EP 3: KARAIKUDI PRAWN MASALA
- Marinate the prawns with 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp garam masala, ½ tbsp crushed pepper, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, and a pinch of salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a pan, add 10 small onions, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp fish curry powder, and prawn stock. Stir well, mash it well into a paste and keep aside.
- Fry the prawns in heated butter and add some lemon.
- Next, add pasta and salt to taste; Stir well and keep it aside.
- In a new pan, heat some butter, add 1 big onion, and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Next, add 2 green chilies, ½ handful, Fernleaf Full Cream Milk as needed into the cooked prawn together with the sautéed mixture.
- Off the heat and add a squeeze of lemon for some tangy taste.
- The delicious Karaikudi Prawn Masala is now ready to be served.
EP 3: JILEBI
- In a large bowl, add refined wheat flour, gram flour, curd yogurt, sufficient water, and whisk till the batter turns into a smooth consistency; Cover the batter and keep it in a warm place to ferment the mixture for 14 hours.
- To make the sugar syrup, heat the pan over medium flame, add sugar, water, and mix it thoroughly until it is fully dissolved.
- Next, simmer the syrup until it attains one-string consistency, and then add saffron (mixed with hot water, and rose essence; Stir well.
- Fill the Jilebi batter in a squeeze bottle and squeeze the bottle to make circles.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame and fry till the Jilebi is crisp and golden in colour.
- Soak the Jilebi in sugar syrup for 1 to 2 minutes. Then remove the Jilebi from the syrup and sprinkle some pistachio.
- Delicious Jilebi is ready to be served.
EP 3: BEETROOT PARATHA
- Firstly, cut the beetroot into small pieces and boil it on medium heat.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, strain the beetroot and keep the boiled water aside.
- Blend the cooked beetroot into a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, add the beetroot paste, atta flour, cumin, butter, and a banana.
- Pour the boiled beetroot water at a time and keep kneading the dough until it turns smooth and soft.
- Next pinch the dough into a small ball, roll and flatten it; Grease some butter and fold it twice and further roll it.
- Lastly, place the rolled paratha on a hot pan and cook it.
- Delicious beetroot paratha is ready to be served.
EP 4: KARUVADDU KULAMBU
- Dice 2 big onions, 6 garlic cloves, 5 bird's eyes chilies, 1 brinjal, 2 tomatoes, 2 murungakai drumsticks, and 2 potatoes.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add mixed spice, onions, garlic, bird’s eye chilies and sauté for a minute; Then add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, and stir well.
- Next add brinjal, tomatoes, murungakai drumsticks, potatoes, and add more coconut oil if needed.
- Then, add some water to the fish curry powder and chili powder separately and dilute it well then pour it into the pan one by one; bring everything to a boil and cook until the brinjal is cooked.
- Add lima beans (mochai kottai), tamarind water, and water if needed.
- Next, add in the salted fish and simmer for few minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- Add salt to taste, and the delicious karuvaddu kulambu is ready to be served.
EP 4: PALKOVA
- Mix 1 and a 1/2 cup of milk using Fernleaf Full Cream Milk powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and pour 1/2 cup Fernleaf Full Cream Milk; stir well.
- Next, add the 2 cups of Fernleaf Full Cream milk powder gradually and stir to prevent milk from clumping.
- Then, add 1 cup of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk; stir till it thickens.
- Next, add sugar and keep stirring till the sugar dissolves.
- Lastly, add a pinch of cardamom powder and 1 tbsp ghee, stir well.
- Off the heat, scoop it into a ghee greased bowl, and serve it hot or cold.
EP 4: SUKKU COFFEE
- Roast 1 tbsp coriander seeds and 1 small dried ginger.
- Next blend the dry ginger and coriander seeds smoothly into powder and keep it aside.
- Boil some water and add 1 tbsp coffee powder, the blended powder mix, enough milk, and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Bring it to a boil and off the heat.
- Yummy Sukku Coffee is ready!
EP 5: PALAK PANNEER
- Blanch 2 small ginger, 1 green chili, and 2 bunch of spinach for about 1 minute in the boiling water, and transfer it to a large bowl of ice water; drain it and blend it into a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and roast 300g paneer in 1 tbsp butter till it turns golden brown, and keep it aside.
- In heated oil, add 15 cloves of garlic, 1/2 tbsp cumin, 2 green chilies, 5 small onions, 1 small ginger, and 6 dry chilies; next, add 1 boiled and mashed tomato.
- Then add 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, salt to taste, and stir well.
- Add the blended puree and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Next, pour Fernleaf Full Cream Milk as needed and add the roasted paneer cubes into the mix and stir well; Lastly, add 1 tbsp butter and coriander leaves.
- Delicious Palak Panneer is ready!
EP 5: RASAGULLA
- Pour 1 litre of milk into a pot, add the lime juice after the first boil, and stir. Once it thickens, pour the mixture into a colander lined with cheesecloth and rinse it with cold water.
- Allow the water to drain completely and knead the paneer well to make a smooth dough; Roll it into small balls.
- Bring water to a boil in a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of sugar and stir it until dissolved.
- Next, add the rolled panner into it; gently stir and add 4 cardamoms into the mixture.
- Yummy Rasagulla is ready!
EP 5: BITTER GOURD FRY WITH ANCHOVIES
- Mix 300g bitter gourd with 2 tbsp curd, water as needed, and keep it aside.
- Fry 50g anchovies till it turns into a golden colour, and keep it aside.
- Drain the bitter gourd mixture and add 10 cloves of garlic, 4 tbsp of gram flour, 1 tbsp cornflour, 1 tbsp rice flour, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, chopped curry leaves, salt to taste, and warm oil; stir it well.
- Next, fry the bitter gourd mixture and keep it aside.
- Fry 15 small onions and add in the fried anchovies; Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Fry curry leaves, and keep it aside.
- Lastly, place the fried bitter gourd, fried onion with anchovies mix, fried curry leaves into a large plate. Squeeze some lemon juice on top and sprinkle some chili flakes.
- Delicious bitter gourd fry with anchovies ready to be served!
EP6: EGG KURMA
- Add 5 dry chilies, 3 green chilies, 1 grated coconut, 15 cashew nuts, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tbsp fennel seed, and water as needed; Blend into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 2 onions, 2 diced tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp fennel seed, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, and 1 stem of curry leaves; add some water and bring it to a boil.
- Next, add the blended paste to the pan and add 6 boiled eggs and 1 cup of coconut milk once the mixture starts boiling.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves and stir well. Egg Kurma is ready to be served!
EP6: RAVA LADDU
- Blend 1 cup of rava flour and 1 cup of sugar in a dry blender separately.
- Heat the pan in low heat and add 2 tbsp anchor butter, 2 tbsp cashew nuts, and 2 tbsp raisins; Fry until the raisins puff up and add 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Next, add the blended rava flour and sugar; stir well till the sugar dissolves.
- Once done, transfer it to a bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp cardamom powder, and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- In a pot, heat 1 cup of milk until it's warm; then gradually pour the milk into rava mixture to toll it into palm-sized balls.
- Let cool and delicious rava laddu is ready to be served.
EP6: ONION & KARUVEPILLAI PAGODA
- Cut and dice 4 onions, 1 handful of coriander leaves, 2 small gingers, 2 green chilies, 5 stems of curry leaves and mix it in a bowl.
- Add salt to taste, 1 tsp fennel seed, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1 cup of gram flour, and 1/2 cup of rice flour to the bowl; mix it well with some cooking oil.
- Heat a pan with oil, add in the batter and fry it till golden brown.
- Delicious onion and karuvepillai pagoda ready to be served.
EP7: CRAB VARUVAL
- Dry roast 3 pcs cinnamon, 5 pcs cardamon, 4 pcs cloves, 1 star anise, 6 dry chilies, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1/2 tbsp peppercorns, 1/2 tbsp fennel together, and dry blend the mixture; keep aside.
- Dry roast 1/2 cup of grated coconut and 1 handful of curry leaves. Then dry blend the coconut mixture and keep aside.
- In the pan, heat some oil, add 1 onion, 4 bird’s eye chilies, 1 and 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, and stir well.
- Next, add in the first dry blended mixture, crab stock, and 2 tomatoes; Let it boil.
- Next, add the crabs, enough salt, 1 tbsp thick black ketchup, 1 tbsp jaggery, and stir well.
- Finally, add the coconut blended mixture and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk as needed.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, and the dish is ready to be served.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups of wheat flour, a pinch of salt, 4 tbsp ghee, and water as needed to make a smooth dough; Keep it aside to rest.
- Heat oil and add 1 tbsp fennel, 3 green chilies, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, and 2 onions; add one by one till it turns golden brown.
- Next, add 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 3/4 tbsp chili powder, salt to taste, and coriander leaves; Cook well and keep it aside.
- Knead the flour mixtures and flatten them into circles. Cut each circle in half. Dampen edges with water and form semicircles into cones.
- Fill the cones with equal portions of the filling mixture. Dampen top and bottom edges of cones, and pinch to seal.
- Fry the cones in preheated oil until it turns golden brown; Serve warm.
EP7: JEERA RICE
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add 1 onion and cashew nuts, and fry till it turns golden brown; Keep aside.
- Firstly, add 2 cups of washed basmati rice, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, water as needed, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, chickpeas, and salt to taste into the rice cooker.
- Next, add 2 bay leaves, 1 cinnamon, 6 cloves, and 2 tbsp cumin in a hot pan and stir well.
- Lastly, add the fried spices mixture into the rice cooker and stir thoroughly.
- Let the rice cook and garnish with the fried onion mixture and coriander leaves.
- Jeera Rice is ready to be served.