But many fail to realise the science behind these golden olden-day practices.
Here are some beliefs regarding the consumption of water and food during the eclipse:
- Stop eating two hours before an eclipse.
- Eat light and easy-to-digest foods before and after the eclipse. Turmeric can be added to foods.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food.
- Don't carry any cooked food anywhere before an eclipse.
- Pregnant women and the elderly may eat light food such as dry fruits and raisins during the eclipse.
- Darbha grass will be kept in food containers.
During an eclipse, the wavelength and intensity of light radiations which are known for their natural disinfecting property reduce, causing uncontrolled growth of micro-organisms in food products.
This makes the food product not suitable for consumption. Hence, Tumeric and Darba will play an essential role in their antibacterial properties.
Failing to follow this might cause indigestion and serious health issues, and that's the reason why our elders came up with such rules to keep us safe and healthy.
Image credit: EDEXLive.com and Isha Sadhguru, Naidunia
Sourced from: NDTV