Do you know of young, talented dancers among your friends or family? Do you think they can impress judges with their skills? Send in your submission for RAAGA’s ‘Raagavin Nadana Sooraavali’
, a dance competition for young talent aged 6 – 11 years, and stand a chance to win cash prizes from a prize pool of RM4000.
- ‘Raagavin Nadana Sooraavali’ is a children’s dance competition that aims to discover more Malaysian young talent. With recent circulation of numerous videos of children performing impressive dance routines, RAAGA is reaching out to Malaysians with ‘Raagavin Nadana Sooraavali’ as a platform to showcase hidden talent.
- Parents who are interested in registering their child/children for ‘Raagavin Nadana Sooraavali’ can bring their child/children to the walk-in audition on 17 March 2019, at MYDIN Subang Jaya from 3pm to 4pm.
- Participating children must be between 6 – 11 years old and will be divided into two categories: Rowdy Baby (6 - 8 years old) and Rowdy Junior (9 - 11 years old).
- Parents/participants must choose one of the 10 songs listed on the RAAGA website for their 2-minute solo audition performance.
- Parents/participants can choose either: Macho Ennacho (Mersal); Aalaporan Tamizhan (Mersal); Simtaangaran (Sarkar); Marana Mass (Petta); Thappad Maara (Petta); Sodakku (Thaana Serndha Koottam); Maari Thara Local (Maari); Jiguru Jiguru (Rajinimurugan); Damaalu Dumeelu (Bogan); or, Karuthavanlaam Galeejaam (Velaikkaran).
- 10 shortlisted candidates from each category will compete in the finale on 23 March 2019. During the finale, participants will be required to select a song from the list above and perform a solo dance to the full song selected.
- The winner of each category in ‘Raagavin Nadana Sooraavali’ will walk away with a RM2,000 cash prize each.
#RaagaBaby ON-AIR CONTEST
- Separately, RAAGA fans can also participate in the #RaagaBaby on-air contest starting 11 to 15 March 2019.
- Fans are invited to participate by recording and uploading videos of kids dancing on their personal Instagram accounts. Participants need to include the hashtag #RaagaBaby in their caption and set their Instagram profile to “public”.
- Each day, RAAGA will choose a “video of the day” and announcers will provide clues for to fans about their choice. Based on the descriptive clues provided by the announcers, fans must call in to RAAGA within the stipulated time announced, if they feel that their video has been selected.
- Lucky fans who accurately call in for his/her entry will win a cash prize of RM50.