· Basmathi rice - 2 cups
· Water - 3 cups
· Onion paste – 3 tbsp
· Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
· Ghee – 3 tbsp
· Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
· Cinnamon stick – 1
· Star anise – 2
· Cardamom – 3
· Clove – 3
· Bay leaves – 2
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee to a heated pan.
- Add cinnamon stick, star anises, cloves, cardamoms, and bay leaves and stir for a few minutes.
- Add cumin seeds before stirring again for a few minutes.
- Add onion and garlic paste to the mix and stir well before setting it aside.
- Add thoroughly-washed 2 cups of basmati rice into the rice cooker and pour in the sauteed spices with 3 cups of water.
- Once cooked, the rice is ready to serve.
Optional: Use coriander leaves to garnish the rice dish.
Watch the full video recipe here:
Click here to watch our exclusive videos and celebrity interviews at Ulagam's YouTube channel! Also, check out Astro Ulagam's Deepavali song:
In conjunction with Deepavali, you can also get these discounted items at Astro Go Shop:
To Purchase, visit: Vidiem Mixer Grinder V Star Evo
To Purchase, visit: Jeel Kurti Swarna
To Purchase, visit: Vivo Y93 Smartphone
To Purchase, visit: Jaya Mata Family Kitchen Knife Set
To Purchase, visit: Premier Hard Anodized 5.5L Pressure Cooker
To Purchase, visit: Promax Zinc Car Recorder
To Purchase, visit: Urbanlite Nova 3-In-1 Luggage Set