- Chicken – 1/2 kg (cut for curry)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Shallot – 15 (sliced)
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Salt as required
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coconut – 1/4 cup (grated)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Coriander seeds – 3 tbsp
- Red chili – 6
- Black peppercorn – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Green cardamom – 1 pod
- Black cardomom – 1 pod
- Black stone flower – 2
- Star anise – 1
- Cloves – 8
- Mace – 1 blade
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Tamarind paste – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 pinch
- Water as required
- Coriander for garnishing
- Mix the curry-cut chicken with lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and add coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorn, blade of mace, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, green cardamom and black cardamom. Sauté while keeping the flame on moderate.
- Now, add bay leaves, stone flower, garlic, dry red chili and toast these spices till deep brown in color.
- Transfer the roasted spices onto a plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
- In the same pan roast grated coconut on moderate flame until brown in colour and transfer into a plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once the roasted spices and coconut have cooled down, transfer them into a mixer / grinder and add fenugreek seeds, ginger, tamarind paste and water grind everything to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add shallots, curry leaves and sauté on medium flame until shallots are golden brown.
- Now, add the marinated chicken and turn the flame on high and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Once the chicken has seared well, add the chettinad masala, water, salt and bring it boil.
- Lower the flame, cover with lid and let it cook for 15 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves once cooked.
Click here to watch our exclusive videos and celebrity interviews at Ulagam's YouTube channel! Also, check out these discounted items at Astro Go Shop:
To Purchase, visit: Vidiem Mixer Grinder V Star Evo
To Purchase, visit: Jeel Kurti Swarna
To Purchase, visit: Vivo Y93 Smartphone
To Purchase, visit:
Jaya Mata Family Kitchen Knife Set
To Purchase, visit: Premier Hard Anodized 5.5L Pressure Cooker
Source: Get Curried