In a culture that is so wrapped around ‘wants’ and ‘achievements,’ it is easy for our teenagers to grow up without a sense of gratitude for the needs of the less fortunate around them.
Volunteering in community service projects and helping others can be very fulfilling and enriching and should be taught from a young age, so that it’s truly appreciated and pursued with passion.
Below are the personal benefits of teen volunteering:-
- Develops an improved sense of social responsibility - a global view of society and a heart to 'give back' to the society by helping others
- Exposes teenagers to diversity and multiculturalism
- Creates an opportunity to apply academic learning to real human needs
- Builds relationships and stay connected with peers, adults and activists sharing a common cause
- Improves communication and critical thinking skills
Source: TeenLife Blog
Image credit: Malay Mail