If you are looking for some last-minute shopping ideas, you have come to the right place. These are the best places for you to get last-minute deals for Deepavali shopping:
1. Jalan Masjid India, Kuala LumpurThis is THE PLACE when it comes to Deepavali shopping in Malaysia for decades. From crazy sales to last-minute discounts (if you are good at bargaining), you can head to this place for a stop even right before Deepavali.
From the large Indian clothing stores to hypermarkets with products from India, you can find anything that you need for Deepavali here.
2. Klang (Little India)Another go-to places for Deepavali shopping. The entire Tengku Kelana road will spring into action with Deepavali vibes weeks before the actual day. If you are looking for some last-minute deals, make sure to bargain with the shop owners as they would be eager to sell of their Deepavali stocks.
3. Brickfields (Little India)If you are looking for a quick shopping experience, Little India in Brickfields might be just the place for you. Though busy, the place is not too big and you can be done with the shopping after visiting 1 or 2 shops in the area. There will also be a Deepavali bazaar along the road selling all your Deepavali needs, from sweets to firecrackers.
4. Deepavali Carnival in Bukit JalilAccording to the organisers, this is the largest outdoor festive carnival in Malaysia. Deepavali clothing and products from all over Malaysia and India will be sold by the vendors here. If you can't find time to go to any of the other places mentioned in Klang Valley, just head to Bukit Jalil Stadium from 18 to 26 October 2019.
5. Seberang Perai Deepavali CarnivalIf you are from up north in Malaysia, there's a Deepavali Carnival going on at SP Arena from 22 to 23 Oct 2019. They have collections from all over India for you to grab in your last-minute shopping!
6. JB Deepavali BazaarFor JB 'makkals', you can swing by the Deepavali Bazaar happening until Oct 26 at the Open Car Park of Giant Hypermarket Tampoi. The organisers have ropped in 100 traders selling Deepavali must-haves like sweets, clothing, prayer items and etc.
Photo Credit: Agenda Suria Communication, Rojak Daily, FMT & AsiaOne