Here we are with some spicy and scrumptious dish...
Mango Vermicelli Pudding
• Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Add vermicelli or semiya and roast till light golden on medium flame. Keep sautéing so that you do not burn them. If you are already using pre-roasted vermicelli, skip this step.
• Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and bring the roasted vermicelli to a boil on low to medium flame. Keep stirring to avoid it from burning at the bottom.
• Cook till the vermicelli becomes soft and is cooked.
• Add sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron (kesar) and continue to cook on low flame till the sugar has dissolved completely. Switch off the flame.
• This kheer or payasam will thicken as it cools down. Allow the kheer to cool down completely.
• Once the kheer cools down completely and comes to room temperature, add fresh mango puree, whipped cream , roasted nuts and raisins, mango chunks, and mix well.
• Keep it in the refrigerator till you are ready to serve as this dessert tastes the best when served chilled.
• Please do not add mango puree to hot kheer or heat the kheer once mango puree is added. It will curdle
Marinate Chicken: Start by marinating chicken with thick curd and Masala Paste
Prepare Masala Paste with coriander seeds, red chillies and masala powder
1. Roast the whole spices: black peppercorns, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, until the spices are fragrant. Coarsely grind the spices in a spice or coffee grinder and set aside.
2. Add ghee, bay leaf, and onions to a wok or dutch oven over medium heat and stir-fry for 15-20 minutes, or until the onions turn golden.
3. Then add garlic, ginger, Serrano pepper, freshly ground spices and the remaining spices to the wok. Stir-fry for a couple minutes then add the marinated chicken.
4. Once the chicken is coated with spices, add the tomato puree. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove lid and raise the heat to high – then cook until the water from the tomato puree evaporates – another 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Paneer Ghee Roast
Prepare masala paste with the below ingredients
• coriander seeds
• cumin seeds
• fennel seeds
• whole black pepper
• fenugreek seeds
• Kashmiri red chillies
• Dried red chillies
Marinate Paneer with lemon juice, Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder), salt and masala paste
1) Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan and add onion, curry leave , turmeric powder and jaggery powder to the mix
2) Add salt and mix all the ingredient well
3) Add marinaded paneer to the mix
4) Stir well until the paneer
Garlic Butter Rice
- Melt butter in pan: Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion: Add yellow onion and saute until starting to deepen in color, about 3 minutes.
- Saute garlic: Add garlic and saute until just barely starting to deepen in color (not browned), about 1 minute.
- Add broth, boil: Pour in chicken broth, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, simmer: Add rice and stir once, cover with a snug lid then reduce heat to low. Let simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 15 – 18 minutes.
- Rest add more butter, fluff rice: Remove from heat and let rest 5 – 10 minutes. Add remaining 3 Tbsp butter, toss and fluff with a fork.
- Garnish: Serve warm garnished with parsley if desired.
- Firstly, peel the skin off papaya and remove the seeds.
- roughly chop the ripened papaya.
- grind to a smooth puree without adding any water.
- transfer the papaya puree to a large bowl.
- add custard powder, sugar and 2 cup of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from the powder)
- whisk and mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- now transfer the papaya mixture to a large pot
- keep stirring continuously, keeping the flame on medium.
- after 5 minutes, the mixture will start to thicken.
- now add 2 tbsp ghee and continue to cook.
- keep adding ghee in batches making sure the mixture is cooked uniformly.
- keep stirring until the mixture will start to hold shape and separate the pan.
- transfer the mixture to a tray.
- level up making sure it is of uniform thickness.
- rest for 1 hour or until the dessert is set well.
- cut into the shape of your choice and roll into desiccated coconut.
- finally, enjoy papaya halwa for a week when stored in the refrigerator.
Clams Indian Style
- Wash the clams thoroughly to get rid of any sand or dirt. Soak them in water for a few minutes and then wash them under running water.
- Fill a pot with little water and add the washed clams to it. Cover the pot and boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the clams open up. Discard the empty shell of the clam and reserve the shell with the meat attached.
- Make a masala paste with the following ingredients. First, roast the dry ingredients and then blend them into a smooth paste by adding garlic and tamarind. Use a little water while blending.
- Red Chillies
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Now heat oil in a vessel and add one chopped onion and a few curry leaves. Saute until the onion turns translucent. Then add some red chilli powder and turmeric powder and also the washed clams. Add about half a cup of water and cook the clams covered for 5 to 8 minutes.
- When the clams are cooked, add in the ground masala paste. Mix well and cook covered for at least 5 minutes.
- Next, add a little turmeric to half a cup of freshly grated coconut and coarsely grind it. Add this coconut to the cooking clams and cover again for 2 minutes.
- Finally, open the vessel and garnish the clams with fresh coriander leaves. Switch off the flame now as the clams are ready for serving.
Nasi Lemak Pandan
- Wash and cut the pandan leaves
- Blend the pandan leaves with water and keep aside
- Add 2 cups of rice in a cooker.
- Add the pandan juice and 1 cup of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder)
- Mix all the ingredients well and place the cooker pot in the cooker and coo the rice
- Nasi Lemak Pandan is ready.
- Marinate okra with turmeric powder and salt and mix it well
- In a pot add oil and fry the marinated okra
- Keep a side the fried Okra
- To prepare the paste , grind small onion , garlic,ginger chilli padi and fresh turmeric
- In a pot heat oil and add serai and the grinded paste
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder)
- Keep mixing the mix until it gets thick
- Add kerisik to the mix
- Add the fried Okra in the kerisik
- Bendi Rendang ready to serve
Sago Gula Melaka
- Prepare the milk by adding water in a jug with the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk powder and refrigerate it.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat before pouring in the sago, and stir to prevent the sago from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Continue to cook on medium heat until the sago cooked well
- After 15 minutes, pour the cooked sago into a strainer and rinse with filtered water to wash and cool down. Finally, rinse with drinking water.
- Pour prepared Gula Melaka to the boiled sago .
- Add young coconut flesh to the sago and finally the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder)
- Sago Gula Melaka is ready
- In a bowl , add garam masala powder ,Kashmiri chilli powder,chilli powder ,cumin powder and coriander powder
- Add water and mix all the spice powders into a paste and keep a side
- In a pan heat coconut oil, add in ginger, garlic, onion, curry leaves and green chillies. Saute for 2 to 3mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in spice paste and salt. Mix well.
- Add squid and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 mins.
- Now open and lid and cook till it dries a little into a thick masala.
- Now add in pepper powder and mix well.
- Finally add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder) and cook for 1minute
- Squid Masala is ready to serve
- Take 1 cup rice and half cup urad dal soak in water for 4/5 hours .
- After 4/5 hours grind the rice and urad dal together with ¼ cup cooked rice and ½ cup ragi until you get a smooth and fluffy batter. While grinding, add water in parts.
- Once the batter is ground well, then pour the urad dal batter in a bowl or pan and add salt
- Cover the bowl or pan with a lid and let it ferment overnight, 8 to 9 hours. The batter will increase in volume and double up.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Dip half of an onion in oil and smear the oil on the iron tawa or griddle. If using non-stick pan, then don’t smear oil.
- Pour a ladle of the batter and quickly spread the batter with the help of ladle in a circular motion.
- Let one side cook. Drizzle ½ to 1 teaspoon ghee on the top and sides.
- As topping , add granted carrot, diced tomato and diced onion on the tosai
- Cover the tosai for it to cook fast .
- Tosai is ready to serve
- In a pan, add ghee
- Add atta in the ghee
- Roast the atta flour, stirring continuously, on a low to medium-low heat
- Add water and sugar to the atta and continue to stir
- Meanwhile, in another pan, add ghee and fry cashews or almond and add to the halwa.
- When the halwa consistency is semi thick or thick like a halwalso switch off the heat.
- Atta Halwa is ready to serve
- Heat oil in a pan and then add cumin seed,curry leaf,ginger galic paste ,garam masala and coriander powder
- Add the chicken pieces and stir to mix everything well.
- Add green paste with the chicken pieces .
- To prepare the green paste : In a blender, add coriender leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, onion cardamom powder and 2 tbsp of water Blend everything together to form a fine green paste.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 15-20 mins.
- Check if the gravy has thickened well.
- Add salt to the gravy.
- Now, pour in Fernleaf Full Cream milk(mixed from milk powder) to the mixture. Mix everything well and cook on low flame for 5 mins. Once done, switch off the gas flame.
- Hariyali Chicken is ready
- Prepare the dough: In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Whisk to combine. Form a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the water. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir gently until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes until it forms a smooth ball.
- Cover the dough loosely in plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While the dough rests, prepare the filling : heat oil in a pan
- Add onion ,ginger garlic paste , Chilli Padi,3 coloured capsicum and carrot to the pan and mix it well
- Then add Chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder , cumin powder,dry mango powder,garam masala , salt and granted paneer
- Mix all the ingredient well and cook for 5 minutes
- As the filling is ready , now Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a round shape
- Place the filling in the center and spread in an even layer, leaving a 2-inch border on each side.
- Gently lift the left side of the dough toward the middle and fold it, bringing the left edge slightly to the right of the middle of the filling. Repeat on the right side, folding the right edge of the dough toward the middle of the filling, so both sides slightly overlap at the center. Reinforce the seams by gently pinching them.
- Finish sealing in the filling: Fold the top edge of the dough down toward the middle, just far enough to safely seal in the filling, about 2 inches down, then fold the bottom edge up to seal in the filling, about 2 inches up, gently pressing to seal.
- Fry the paratha: In a large skillet, heat the neutral oil over medium-high. Place paratha in the skillet, seam-side up, carefully spooning the hot oil on top of the paratha to baste it, tilting the pan if need be. Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then carefully flip the paratha over and baste and cook until golden, another 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine glutinous flour , salt, water and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) to form dough.
- Heat oil in pan. Make small balls out of dough and press to flatten into thick discs.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- In another pot, add water and sugar and boil it in lower heat until mixture thicken.
- Add fried dough into sugar mixture. Mix and coat dough well and then serve.
Khus Khus Kheer
- Soak Gasagase (Khus Khus) and rice in water for 15minutes
- Grind Gasagase (Khus Khus) and rice together into a smooth paste
- In a pan add the paste and heat in low fire
- Stir the paste continually in low fire and add salt
- Add sugar, mix well and cook till it thickens, and paste are fully cooked.
- Add water and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Add roasted cashew nuts and roasted almond with the mix
- Add cardamom powder and mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Khus Khus Kheer is ready to serve
- Rinse 1 cup basmati rice very well in water. Then, soak in enough water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pot. Keep the heat to a low or medium-low. Then, add the whole spices listed below:
- ClovesStar anise
- Cumin seeds
- Bay leave
- Keep the heat to low to medium-low, so that the other spices do not burn.
- Add chopped onions , green chillies and ginger garlic paste
- Stir and saute till the onions start to become light golden.
- Add turmeric powder, boiled chickpeas, chopped beetroot and chopped potato
- Add required salt and soaked basmati rice. Mix well.
- Finally Add coriander leave and mint leave in the rice .
- Mix well and cook the rice
- Marinate the prawns in ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt , lemon juice for 15 to 20 minutes .
- Secondly in a bowl mix all-purpose flour,Corn flour,Chilli powder,carom seeds (omam) , little salt , Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and water
- Mix well and add to the marinated prawn
- Prepare oil for deep frying, making sure to maintain the temperature at medium high.
- Add one prawn initially in the hot oil to check if it is sufficiently hot.
- Add the marinated prawns in the hot oil and fry till they turn a rich golden brown on both sides.
- Marinate the prawns in ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt , lemon juice for 15 to 20 minutes .Secondly in a bowl mix add all-purpose flour,Corn flour,Chilli powder,carom seeds (omam) , little salt and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Secondly in a bowl add all-purpose flour,Corn flour,Chilli powder,carom seeds (omam), little salt and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Squeeze out the extra moisture, add all-purpose flour, gram flour/besan, 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder, rest of the lemon juice, yoghurt and 1 tsp of oil.
- Mix all the spices with the marinated prawns.
- Prepare oil for deep frying, making sure to maintain the temperature at medium high.
- Add one prawn initially in the hot oil to check if it is sufficiently hot.
- Add the marinated prawns in the hot oil in batches, and fry till they turn a rich golden brown on both sides.
- If you want to avoid deep frying, arrange the marinated prawns on an aluminium foil in a baking tray, drizzle a little oil on the prawns, and BROIL on HIGH, 5 to 7 minutes on both sides or until they turn a light golden brown.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on top, serve with green chutney or ketchup.
- At first to marinate the chicken add the chicken, ginger-garlic paste ,black pepper powder,Chilli powder,chilli sauce,soy sauce,corn flour and all purpose flour
- Mix all the ingredients properly with Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and rest it for 10mins .
- Next, heat oil in a deep pan over a high flame. Carefully place the chicken pieces in the oil until cooked through.
- Secondly for sauce preparation , in a separate bowl add oyster sauce, red chilli sauce ,tomato ketchup,red chilli powder,vinegar,sugar,soy sauce,thick ketchup and salt .
- Mix all the ingredients well and keep a side .
- Meanwhile, heat 1 or 2 tbsps of oil in a separate pan over medium flame.
- Add the garlic , mustard seeds, onions ,dried red chilli ,curry leave , green chilli ,baby tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes till they turn translucent.
- Then add the capsicum and green chillies and mix well again.
- When the veggies are partially cooked add the fried chicken and the prepared sauce .
- Mix all the ingredients well and make sure that the chicken is well coated in the sauces. Keep stirring so that the chicken does not stick to the pan.
- Once done, remove and transfer the dish to a bowl. Garnish with the spring onion
- To a small saucepan, add butter ,cloves , pineapple, salt, ,chili flakes ,soaked rice ,water ,lime juice and finally Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder).
- Wait till it boil and transfer it to cooker and cook the rice
Kuih Lepat Labu
- Make the coconut filling: In a small bowl, combine the grated coconut and salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Make the pumpkin mixture: Peel the pumpkin skin, then wash and cut the pumpkin into small cubes or chunks.
- Boil the pumpkin in water for 20 to 25 minutes or more. Drain the hot water and transfer the boiled pumpkin into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the pumpkin using a masher until it is smooth.
- Add all purpose flour,tapioca flour, sugar,salt and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) with the mashed pumpkin.
- Stir with a spatula until well combined. The dough should be a little sticky.
- Wrap the lepat labu: Take a piece of banana leaf and lay it flat on a counter. Place 2 tablespoons of pumpkin mixture in the middle and flatten it using the back of the spoon.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the coconut filling and put it on top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Using both hands, tightly roll the banana leaf right from the bottom.
- Flatten both edges and secure them by folding them to the middle (refer to the photo below).
- Repeat this process until all of the leaves are wrapped.
- Transfer the lepat labu into a food steamer.
- The cooking time may vary, but it should be between 10 and 12 minutes.
- Enjoy this snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
Stuffed squid with potato
- At first marinate the squids with red chilli powder,turmeric powder and salt .
- Next prepare the fillings .
- Next to prepare the stuffing , in a bowl add mashed potatoes ,chopped onions,coriender powder,cumin powder,garam masala,chilli flakes,chaat masala,coriender leaves and salt for taste
- Mix all this ingredient together and stuff it in the squid and secure with a toothpick
- Cook the stuffed squid in a non stick pan with a dizzle of oil . Keep the cooked squid aside .
- Now prepare the gravy for the squide.
- Add oil in a heated pan and then add chopped onion (in ring size) , ginger , fresh tumeric,blended chilli,lime leaves,lemon grass ,chopped coriender and finally Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- As the gravy start to boil add the cooked squid in the gravy and leave it to boil another 2minutes.
- Add salt and corinder leave for garnishing
Indian Style Bihun
- Soak the mee hoon in water with salt
- Drain the water and keep the mee hoon aside
- In a pan , heat up oil
- Once oil is hot add dried prawn, garlic,onion and dried chillies
- Saute the ingredients well until the dry prawn cooked well
- Add the soaked mee hoon and mix it well
- Add fried anchovy and fried egg in the mee hoon and saute it well until all the ingreadients mixed well
- Add some salt
- Indian style bihun is ready to serve
- Soak urad dal for 4 hours
- Grind dal to thick batter by adding salt
Making of Jaggery syrup:
- Add one glass water and Gula Melaka in a vessel and boil.
- Keep the concentration of the syrup mild thickness with free flow so that vada can absorb syrup easily.
Making of Sweet Vada:
- Heat oil till it attains optimum heat.
- Put your hand in water and take small lump of batter and make vada.
- Gently drop vada into oil and deep fry till they attain golden brown.
- Drop vada directly into Gula Melaka syrup.
- Keep them aside so that Vada absorbs Gula Melaka and increase its size.
- Serve hot or chilled
- Marinate the fish with fish curry powder,tumeric powder, salt and lemon juice.Set a side for 10minutes.
- Fry the fish half cooked and keep aside
- To prepare the paste for the fish curry ,in a bowl add fish curry powder, turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,fennel powder together and mix with tamarind juice
- Keep the paste a side .
- To make the fish pulusu curry, in a pan with medium heat, pour oil and add the mix spices ,fenugreek, and cumin seeds. Allow the seasoning to splutter and then add the onions, green chilies, and curry leaves. Sauté the onions until it turns soft.
- Once they are soft, add in the ginger-garlic paste and sauté until it turns fragrant.
- Then stir in the salt, turmeric, chili, and coriander powder.
- After that, sauté the tomatoes until they turn mushy.
- Once they are mushy, pour in the water, and masala paste, and give a good mix.
- Add sliced egg plant and okra in the pan and allow it to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then add green apple to give sourish taste to the curry
- Add pepper
- Once the time passed, drop in the fish pieces one by one into the curry. Give a gentle mix and close the pan with a lid and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finally add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from Milk powder) and coriander leave for garnishing.
- Take the grinding ingredients( fennel seeds,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,garlic,black pepper and tomato) in a mixer and make into a coarse paste.
- Now heat oil in a sauce pan. Add the dry chilli, onion,curry leaf , tomato , salt and saute that for a min.
- Then add in tamarind pulp, water and mix well. Cook it for 2 mins.
- Add in the grinded ingredients and give it a good stir for few minutes
- Bring this to a boil and cook for 5 mins.
- Now pour in Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from Milk powder) and bring that to a boil once. Switch off the flame and add in lots of coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.
- Turn on the stove and bring water to a boil.Add sago and let it cook for few minutes .
- Add Pandan leaves in the boiling sago
- Then add sugar and all the 3 types of potatos( Orange sweet potato, purple sweet potato, yellow sweet potato) in the boiling sago .
- Add salted as needed
- Finally add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from Milk powder)
- Wait for the the mix to boil and the 3 nanban kanji is ready to serve
Kerala Style Mutton Fry
Step 1 – to cook the Mutton
- Grind together all the ingredients( Cinnamon,cloves,cumin seeds,funnel seeds,anise,ginger.garlic and small onions ) into a paste .
- Mix the paste with the mutton together with chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder , pepper and salt .
- Pressure cook it up to 4-5 whistles or until mutton is done. It varies a bit based on the meat.
Step 2-Mutton Fry
- Marinate the cooked mutton with chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,corn starch, gram flour,garam masala and salt for 30minutes .
- Add oil in a pan and add the marinated mutton in the pan .
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder)
- Cook until the consistency you desire. It can be made as a dry or as a semi gravy.
- For garnishing add cut onion and coriander leaves
- In a pan heat ghee. Now add the chopped cashews and grated carrots .
- Saute them till the carrot starts changing color and begins to shrink.
- Next, add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder) and stir well
- Continue to cook till carrot turns soft and milk evaporates almost completely.
- Add sugar and stir till sugar melts and the mixture thickens.
- Now add milk powder and stir thoroughly. See that there are no lumps.
- Mix till mixture separates from the pan. Take a small piece of the mixture and try rolling it to form a ball. If you can do that easily then at this point add cardamom powder, mix, and switch off the flame.
- Top it with pistachios and press them gently using a spatula.
- Let it set for 30 minutes. Cut them into squares or desired shapes.
Bhindi Do Pyaza
- In a pan add oil and once hot add , add chopped ginger ,dry chilli,chopped chilli and Okra, and fry it for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes remove the Okra in a bowl
- In the same oil add the dried red chilli, followed by the cumin seeds, caron seeds chopped Ginger Garlic and mix well.
- Once mixed add the finely diced onions and cook for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame or until the time onions are golden brown in colour.
- Once the onions are cooked add the tomatoes puree along with the salt ,garam masala,coriander powder and mango powder
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix it all in and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes add the fried okra and gently mix it, and cover and cook for the next 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Marinate the chicken with Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) for 15mins
- Add ghee in a pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add onions , garlic and ginger paste in the ghee .
- Stir regularly, until the onion softened and very lightly browned.
- Stir in the Curry powder turmeric powder, garam masala , coriander powder ,chilli powder ,cumin and ground fenugreek and cook for a few seconds, stirring constantly
- Add the marinated chicken in the same pot Stir together to coat the chicken in the spices and cook for 5 minutes, until the chicken is sealed.
- Add tomato puree, red lentils, passata, chicken stock juice from the tinned pineapple and honey
- Stir together, place the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add pineapple pieces and heat through for a further 5 minutes.
- Add salt as needed
- About 25 minutes before the curry is ready, cook the rice in plenty of boiling water until tender, then drain well.
- Season the curry to taste. Serve with the rice, topped with yoghurt and sprinkled with coriander.
- Take atta flour in a mixing bowl
- Then add the following spices:
- cumin powder
- fenugreek powder
- carom seeds (omam)
- ginger & garlic paste
- chili powder
- turmeric powder
- garam masala powder
- mango powder (amchur powder)
- Also add salt as per taste
- Stir and mix very well with a spoon and add oil water
- Mix well and begin to knead. Add water in parts while kneading.
- Knead to a smooth and soft dough. Cover and allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Again lightly knead once more and make medium-sized balls from the dough.
- On a rolling board, dust one dough ball with some flour.
- With a rolling pin gently roll to a round of about 7 to 8 inches
- Sprinkle garam masala on top of the paratha
- Fold the paratha and gently roll the paratha again
- Heat a tawa and place the rolled paratha on it.
- When one side is partially cooked, about ¼ cooked, then using a spatula flip the paratha
- Spread some oil on this partially cooked side also. You can apply less or more oil as per your preferences.
- Add all purpose flour in a bowl and then pour the ghee in
- Add water until it is wet enough to form a dough. The dough should be soft and pliable, but not so sticky that it sticks to your hands. Form a ball and let it rest for 15 minutes;
- Add salt as needed
- Shape dough into balls;
- Roll out balls to 2mm thick – Roll the dough balls into discs 2mm thick. They should be about 16cm /6.5” in diameter.
- Boil potatoes until it become soft and set a side
- Heat a pan with ghee and add minced ginger, garlic , cumin seeds,onion and green chilli
- Stir the mix until onion turned brown
- Add Chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala to the mix and add potato
- Add boiled potato and green peas and cook it with water
- lemon juice to the potato and finally add chopped coriander leave Now add the filling in the dough and fried it.
- Samosa is ready to serve
Pohool Makhana Kheer
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, add phool makhana and roast them for 4-6 minutes or until the makhanas are light brown and crunchy.
- Once done, remove from heat and set them aside on a plate.
- To the same pan, add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder)and stir it for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add toasted saffron strands and cardamom powder to the milk and stir it well.
- Bring the milk to a frothy boil.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Simmer few minutes until the milk thickens a bit.
- Add toasted phool makhane and toasted nuts (cashews, raisins, almond and pistachios )to the boiling milk. Mix it well.
- Cover the pan and allow the makhanas to simmer in the milk for 4-5 minutes or until the makhana pearls soak up the milk and become soft.
- The makhanas will meld into the milk base and become very soft.
- Pohool Makhana Kheer is ready to serve
- Now add the spinach leaves into a blender or grinder jar. Add 1 to 3 green chilies, 1 inch ginger and 3 to 4 garlic cloves (all roughly chopped). Add green chilies as per your requirements.
- In pot, heat ghee.
- Lower the heat and add the following spices such as bay leaf ,chopped garlic and cumin seeds
- saute them till they splutter. Make sure not to burn the spices.
- Add green Chilli and onion
- Stir and saute the onions on a medium low to medium heat till light golden or golden. Stir often so that the onions cook evenly.
- Add turmeric powder and garam masala powder
- Add the prepared spinach puree.
- Stir and saute for few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the spinach
- Stir and gently mix the rice very well.
- Add fried cubed potato and stir it with the rice gently to mix it well
- add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Marinate prawns in a mix of chilli powder, turmeric, salt & lime juice, keep for 10 minutes. Heat oil in pan and saute; the marinated prawns on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Once done, keep aside.
For the main preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard; fenugreek seeds.
- Add curry leaves followed by small and big onion, garlic ,gigger ,tomato and green chilli
- Saute till onions turn brown.
- Add Chilli, turmeric, coriander and pepper powder
- Add prown in the ingredients together and add fish stock.
- Allow the gravy to reduce to a semi dry consistency. Cook till the prawns turn dark brown.
- Finally add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder)
- Add salt to taste and serve with rice or parantha.
Shark Fish Curry
- Heat oil in a pan and add in master seed ,chopped onion , ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
- Saute these for 1 – 2 minutes and then add sliced eggplant and followed by tomato.
- Now add the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder) to the mix
- Add fish curry powder ,turmeric powder and grinded garlic and black pepper followed by tamarind(a small ball size diluted in water)
- Add salt as needed and let the gravy to boil .
- Gently add the shark fish with the gravy and then add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Shark Fish Curry is ready to serve.
- Marinate the fish with turmeric powder and salt 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Steam the fish for 10 minutes on a medium flame. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Flake the fish with a fork and set aside. Get rid off the bones if any.
- Crush the ginger and garlic using a mortar and pestle into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds crackle. Add in the curry leaves, crushed ginger and garlic mixture and chopped green chillies
- Add in the chopped onions and saute for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame till the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Now add in the fish flakes and mix well to combine. Let the fish slowly heat up in the pan so the spices adhere better.
- Add Fish Curry powder,chilli powder,grounded black pepper ,grated coconut to the fish flakes
- Sura puttu is ready. Serve with rice and curry
- Grind soaked urad with little water into a fine paste.
- Take this ground ulunthu with a cup of water and mix well. Cook in medium flame.
- Urad tends to form lumps while cooked, hence stir very fast and continuously.
- In two minutes urad porridge starts to get cooked fast and becomes thick.
- Add extra two cups of water and stir well. There should not be any lumps at this stage.Add salt.
- Now add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk(mixed from milk powder) and cardamom. Mix everything well.
- Let everything boil together for two more minutes and add 1tbsp pistachio
- Switch off and serve the delicious ulunthu kanji warm in a soup bowl.
- To begin, marinate mutton with turmeric powder, ginger Garlic and salt .
- Mix everything well and cook the mutton in pressure cooker and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cardamoms, bay leaves, garlic, ginger and saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and saute them till they turn golden brown.
- Once it is done, add in the tomatoes and green chillies. Cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add in the cooked mutton in the pan and add meat powder, chilli Powder and required water and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Cook for another few minutes. Once it is done, switch off the stove and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- In a bowl mix , all purpose flour ,baking powder, baking soda,a teaspoon salt, 1table spoon sugar, Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and oil
- Add. 1 ½ tablespoons oil and little water to mix all the ingredients together .
- Begin to mix the flour with the liquids first and then start to knead.
- Make a smooth, supple and soft dough.
- In the same bowl or pan, cover the dough with a wet kitchen napkin.
- Let the dough leaven for 2 hours.
- Lightly knead the leavened dough again.
- Make small balls of the dough and lightly flatten them. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the dough ball.
- With the rolling pin, flatten the dough and roll each into a small-sized kulcha on a lightly dusted rolling board.
- Do not roll thinly but keep a medium thickness – like a paratha or bit more thick than a paratha.
- Heat a skillet or tawa on medium-high to high heat. The tawa or skillet has to be very hot. Place the kulcha on the tawa.
- Flip a few times as needed and roast till the kulcha gets golden spots and is evenly cooked.
- Serve the Kulcha hot
- To make the bottom layer, mix the granted sweet potato with rice flour and tapioca flour .
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) ,water, sugar , salt ,Vennila essence and few drops of yellow colouring
- Cook until mixture turns into a soft paste-like batter. Pour batter over the tapioca layer and steam for 15-20 minutes
- For the top layer, combine the tapioca flour with rice flour , salt and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) .. Mix the ingredients into a soft paste-like batter.
- Cook until mixture turns into a soft paste-like batter.Pour batter over the sweet potato layer and steam for another 10mins.
- Finally remove the talam from the steamer and let it cool completely before cutting into square serving pieces.
Episode 11: Mutton Kheema Mattar
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorn, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add garlic, ginger and onions, and stir-fry until the onions turn brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, coriander powder, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add little water and continue to stir-fry until fat separates.
- Add minced mutton (marinated with salt and turmeric)
- For a better taste, add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Stir a few times until the minced mutton looks fried, then lower heat and sauté until cooked through and fat separates once again.
- Add the peas in the cooked mutton and finally garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- Mutton Kheema Mattar ready to serve.
Apple Ragi Halwa
- Grind the apple into a paste, with or without the peel on as desired and keep aside.
- Add ghee and heat the pot.
- Then add grounded Apple paste in the pot.
- In a separate bowl add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and melt the Ragi with the milk and pour the mix in the pot.
- Add Jangri and Cinnamon to the mix.
- Saute the mix until it gets thicken.
- Finally add chopped almond and cashew
- Heat a few teaspoons of oil in a wide pan. Add cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Saute for a few minutes over medium flame.
- Add chopped onion, ginger and garlic and sliced green chilies. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until the raw smell disappears.
- Add some salt, lemon juice and all the spice powders (Tumeric, Chili, & Garam Masala)
- Add chopped green and yellow capsicums and peas to the mix.
- Finally add the cooked rice and switch off the flame.
- Mix well and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Episode 10: Prawn Malai Curry
- Marinate prawns with turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil and throw in the prawns. Fry until it turns pink and cooked on both sides and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Add chopped onion, ginger and garlic in the same oil. Stir the onion until it turns brown.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, little sugar and salt and cook.
- Pour a little water and continue to cook the gravy.
- When you see the oil surfacing on the gravy, add the fried prawns.
- Stir and add Fernleaf Full cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) to make the gravy thick and creamy.
- Mix well and cook on low heat.
- Finally add ghee and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot white rice or pulao.
- Heat a pan and add 1 cup of rava.
- Begin to roast the rava. Stir often while roasting the rava.
- The rava should become fragrant and start to look dry, separate, and crisp. Don’t brown the rava.
- Once the rava becomes fragrant and starts to look dry and crisp, switch off the flame and put the roasted rava on a plate and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter) or oil.
- Lower the heat. Add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dhal and urad dhal.
- Stir often until the chana dal and urad dal begin to brown a bit.
- Now add chopped onion and saute the onions until they soften and become translucent on a low to medium-low heat.
- Then add 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies, 1 teaspoon chopped ginger and curry leaves.
- Then add water to the mix and salt as required. Mix well and check the taste of water. It should be a bit salty but not too much.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, lower the flame to its lowest. Then add the rava in 4 to 5 batches with a spoon.
- Once you add the first batch of rava, stir and mix immediately so that the roasted rava gets mixed evenly with the water.
- Then add the next batch of rava. Mix and stir again very well ensuring that the batch of rava is mixed evenly in water.
- Quickly stir and mix very well. The rava grains will absorb water, swell, and get cooked.
- Crush chocolate cookies and set aside 1/4 cup of crumbs. Press mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of the glass.
- Place remaining crumbs in a medium bowl and mix in melted butter. This will be used as the topping .
- Mix marshmallow fluff and whipped crème together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and pour it in the glass on top of the crushed chocolate cookies.
- Pour mixture into the prepared chocolate crust and sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs on top.
- Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
Episode 09: Fish Manchurian
- Mix cornflour, flour, salt, pepper, soy sauce with some water to prepare the batter to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai
- Dip the fish pieces in it and fry them in hot oil for 5 mins until it turns golden in colour and cooked through. Drain them in a paper towel.
- Now to make the sauce. Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add onions, green chillies, capsicum and mix well. Cook this for a min.
- Next, add dry chilli paste, tomato and chilli sauce, soy sauce, green chilli sauce, vinegar and mix well.
- Add some salt and sugar to it and mix well.
- Add some water to it and mix well to form a sauce. Let it come to a boil.
- Add the fried fish pieces to the sauce and toss it well.
- Add chopped tomato to the fish.
- Finally add the corn flour slurry (corn flour mixed with Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder).
- Mix well so that it gets thick and saucy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Fish Manchurian is ready to serve with rice.
Dhaba Style Aloo Parath
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour , salt , oil, caram seed and add water to make a Chapatti dough.
- Set aside the dough and let it rest until we prepare the potato stuffing.
- To prepare the potato stuffing, boil potatoes and mash the potatoes.
- Add ginger, garlic, chat masala, chilli powder, finely chopped green chillies, salt and coriander leaves in the potato and mix it well.
- Divide the chapatti dough into medium size balls, dust the floor and roll the balls into small circle with the help of a rolling pin.
- Hold the rolled dough in your palm and place 2-3 tbsp of potato filling in the center. Use your judgement when it comes to filling, you should be able to close the dough with the filling inside. Pinch the top of the dough to seal it.
- Flatten the dough lightly with your hands and roll it out gently into a circle. Don’t forget to sprinkle flour before rolling the dough.
- Cook the paratha on a tawa at medium-high heat. When one side is brown, flip the paratha and brush it with ghee.
- Repeat the same process with other side too. Cook well on both sides until you see golden spots. Your paratha is ready. Top it with ghee and it’s ready to serve.
- Add all purpose flour in a mixing bowl and add finely grind ikan bilis, red chilli, chopped onion, multi grain, carrot, and a little salt.
- Add water and mix until you get a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pot for deep frying.
- Scoop some batter and fry it in deep oil.
- Once the fritter is golden brown, remove it from the oil and let it rest.
- Serve with chili sauce.
Episode 08: Black Pepper Chicken
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Add cumin, cloves, cinnamons, and cardamom.
- When they begin to sizzle, add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell of ginger garlic disappear
- Add Onion and fry the onion till they turn lightly brown or golden.
- Add tomato, dry chilli and green chilli and stir until the tomato turns mushy and soft
- Add Chicken and potato in the same pan
- Next add black pepper and salt in the chicken
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (Mixed from milk powder) and leave the chicken to cook well
- After Chicken cooked well add again tomato, green chilli, red chilli, onion , curry leave and coriander leave
- Black pepper Chicken is ready to serve
- Wash the rice under running water a couple of times. Place in a colander and drain out all the excess water.
- Heat oil in a cooker. Add in the cinnamon, cumin seed, fennel seeds, bay leaves, cloves, and cardamom. Let them stay in for a second or two.
- Now, add in the chopped carrots, beans, and green peas, along with the washed and drained rice.
- Add in Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (Mixed from milk powder), along with salt to taste. And coriander leave. Mix well.
- Close the cooker and cook the rice with the vegetable mix.
Bingka Ubi Kayu
- Place tapioca in a mixing bowl together with sugar, butter, oil and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (Mixed from milk powder)
- Next add some salt and yellow food colouring and stir to mix until combined.
- Pour the batter in and smooth the top with a rubber spatula the best you can.
- Place this inside the oven and cooked it well .2
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C/390°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Set aside to cool completely.
- Let the cake cools down for at least 1 hour before cutting into the size you like
Episode 07 : Pumpkin Sothi
Ingredients and method of preparing Pumpkin Sothi...
- Set the Instant Pot on saute mode, and when the display shows “HOT,” add the oil.
- After 30 seconds, add hing powder, grated ginger, curry leaves, mix of five spices, slit green chilies and pandan leaves to give a good smell.
- Add tomato, pumpkin, salt, turmeric powder.
- Add some water to the mix.
- Wait for the pumpkin until it is well cooked for 10-15mins.
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder).
- Let the mix to boil.
- Finally add fenugreek seed and off the stove.
- Pumpkin Sothi is ready
Chinese Cabbage Pakora
Ingredients and method of preparing Chinese Cabbage Pakora....
- To prepare this delicious pakora, take a large bowl and shred the cabbage evenly. Then, add rice flour, corn flour, gram flour and all purpose flour mix well.
- Next in the same bowl, add chicken curry powder, grated ginger, curry leaves, salt, hing and mix it again.
- Add water as per needed to prepare a thick batter. The batter should be thick enough, so that you can make balls with it.
- Now, put a non-stick pan on medium flame and heat oil in it. Meanwhile, make small balls from the mix and flatten them a little. Repeat the procedure and keep the prepared bowl aside for a while.
- By now, the oil will be hot enough to fry the pakoras. Carefully add the cabbage balls in the hot oil and deep fry until they turn golden brown in colour.
- When done, transfer these fried pakoras on a kitchen towel to soak the extra oil. Repeat until the batter is finished.
Ingredients and method of preparing Bubur Chacha....
- Put sweet potato and yam cubes in a bowl and cover with water. Set this aside.
- Tie the pandan leaves into a knot and place into a saucepan of water that’s enough to cover the yam and sweet potato cubes.
- Add ginger and soaked sago in the pot and stir it well.
- Place the pot on medium-low heat and allow to simmer until the potatoes are tender, which takes about 20 – 30 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes and yam are tender, reduce the heat and add jaggery.
- Finally add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and a pinch of salt
- Give the pot a stir to combine and turn off the heat.
- Bubur Chacha is ready.
Episode 06: Kerala Chicken Roast
Ingredients and method of preparing Kerala Chicken Roast....
- In a mixing bowl marinate the chicken along with turmeric powder, chili powder, milk and salt to taste and keep for half an hour. This will help the chicken get tender.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat; add the spices such as cloves, cinnamon stick, crushed cardamom, star anise, fennel seed, mustard seeds and sliced onions with a pinch of salt.
- Cook until onions turn golden brown. Add ginger, garlic, and green Chilli and saute for a few seconds until the flavours start coming through.
- Add sliced tomatoes and curry leaves along with salt and mix well until the tomatoes become soft
- Add coriander powder, chicken curry powder, turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds until masala is cooked through.
- At this stage, add the marinated chicken pieces and give it a good stir until the masala coats the chicken well.
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) in the chicken and continue to stir.
- The Kerala Chicken Roast pieces should be succulent coated well with the masala. Stir fry the chicken in the masala for about 4 to 5 minutes. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
- Serve Kerala Chicken Roast along with Rice.
Ingredients and method of preparing Churi ....
- In a mixing bowl add atta (wheat flour) and knead it by gradually adding water in it. We knead a bit of hard dough here so we do not knead a soft dough like we daily make for roti (bread) making. The dough for Churi is a bit harder than daily routine dough.
- After kneading, cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Now make dough balls with this dough.
- Cook the roti from both sides well and take it away from tawa.
- On the other side while the roti is still hot, roughly break it in pieces.
- Add Ghee and black sugar to the pieces and make a ball with the mixture
- Churi is ready to serve
Ingredients and method of preparing Chapathi Dhall....
- In a pressure cooker add green lentils and cook for 3 whistles. Remove from heat and keep aside until the pressure is gone. Add salt as needed and mix well.
- In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion, chopped ginger and garlic, mustard seed, curry leaves, turmeric powder and chicken curry powder
- Now add this to the pressure cooked Dal.
- In a separate mixing bowl add wholemeal flour and knead it by gradually adding the cooked Dal in it. We knead a bit of hard dough here so we do not knead soft dough like we do daily for roti (bread) making.
- Add ghee to the Chapathi to make it soft. Cook in low flame.
- Chapathi Dhall is ready to serve.
Epiosde 05: Goan Fish Curry
Ingredients and method of preparing Goan Fish curry..
- Prepare the Curry paste first by adding spices like, fenugreek powder, ground cloves cumin seeds, coriander powder, grated fresh coconut, chilli powder, turmeric powder and onion in a jug and blend it into a paste.
- To make the curry, add oil in the pot, add mustard seeds, red onion and ginger garlic paste.
- Next add the prepared curry paste in the pot and stir it well.
- Add the tomato paste and tomato pulp/puree, and cook until it reduces.
- Blitz until the onion is puree and there is nothing hard in this curry paste;
- Add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce and bring the flavours together;
- Add fish in the last few minutes – it only takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook;
- Garnish with fresh green chillies and finally curry leave
- Goan fish curry is ready to serve
Ingredients and method of preparing peanut rice...the aroma is just goshhh...
- In a pan roast peanuts, chana dal, sesame seeds, cumin, dried red chilies, grated coconut, and curry leaves on medium-low flame till dals turn aromatic and roasted well.
- Take it off the pan, cool completely and, grind it all together to a fine powder without adding any water. Keep aside.
- Now in a large wok heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add peanuts, mustard seeds, curry leave and sauté till peanuts are roasted well.
- Then add cooked rice along with the finely ground peanut powder, salt and give it a mix and sauté for another 30 secs.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till rice absorbs flavour completely
- Peanut or groundnut Rice is ready and serve warm along with some papad and yogurt.
Ingredients and method of preparing kuih kosui...
- To make the syrup, melt the dark brown sugar and soft brown sugar in water over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add pandan leaf to the mix to get a good aroma. Set aside to cool.
- In another bowl, add the rice flour and tapioca flour. Slowly pour in the sugar syrup mixture while stirring it consistently until well blended.
- Add ½ table spoon alkaline water and cook the flour mixture on low fire until slightly thickened.
- Remove the mixture from heat and pour into little teacups. Steam on high heat for 15 minutes. Take the Kuih Kosui out immediately.
- Coat the Kuih Kosui with the steamed grated coconut
Episode 04: Bubur Jagung Susu
Ingredients and methods of preparing this mouth-watering dessert...
- Pour milk in a pot and add pandan leaves to the milk.
- Leave it to boil and add corn kernels from 4 sticks of corn to the milk.
- Add sugar and Gula Melaka in the milk.
- Keep the heat low
- Add soaked sago and stir until smooth and combined.
- Add salt and milk. When it starts boiling, turn off the stove and Bubur Jagung Susu is ready to serve.
Kam Heong Crab
Ingredients and methods of preparing this yummylicious dish...
- Put the oil in a large wok and heat over high heat. Deep-fry the crabs for about 4 to 5 minutes and set aside.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the fried crab oil and drain off the excess oil.
- Reheat the wok with the reserved oil on high heat.
- Cook the dried shrimps until crisps. Then toss in the shallots, curry leaves, black peppercorns, fish curry powder and cook until the mixture is golden in colour and fragrant.
- Then add dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce, sugar and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Mix in the crabs and stir until well combine and season with salt if necessary.
- Finally add sliced ginger to the dish
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Curry leave Tosai
Indeed an interesting dish...
- Blend the curry leaves and add the blended curry leaves to the prepared Tosai batter.
- Add salt, coarsely ground cumin, and black pepper to the Tosai batter
- Mix everything together
- Heat Tosai Tawa. Once hot pour a ladle of the batter and spread in a circular motion.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes on the Tosai.
- Once cooked serve hot with chutney.
Episode 03 : Prawn Masala
Ingredients that needed for Prawn Masala
Check out the PREPARATIONS of the scrumptious dish:
- Put cleaned prawns in a bowl, marinate the prawns with turmeric powder and salt for 15 mins.
- Heat wok with ghee and add mustard seed, curry leaves and chopped onion.
- Add green chilli, tomato, ginger garlic paste and cook until the tomato becomes soft.
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add salt and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and stir for 5 minutes or so on a low heat until it turns mushy.
- Add garam masala and pepper powder to the mixer.
- Add the marinated prawns. Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes until it is cooked, turns pink and curls.
- Finally add coriander leaves, lemon juice and ghee to the prawn masala.
- Prawn masala is ready to serve with rice or roti.
The key points to note before preparing Tomato Rice...
Methods of preparing...
- Heat ghee in a cooker pot and add mustard seeds, white urad dhal, cashew nut (break into 2) and stir well until the cashew nut turns golden brown.
- Add fennel seed, cinnamon, clove, bay leaves, green chillies, onion, and ginger garlic paste to the pot.
- Saute until the onions slightly softens.
- Keeping the flame on low, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and continue to saute until the spices turn aromatic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt as needed.
- Add Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and boil it for a while.
- Finally add rice and coriander leaves together with water.
- Cover and cook the rice in a cooker.
- Finally, enjoy tomato rice with raita and papad.
Rice Cereal Treat Donuts
Ingredients and preparations for this mouth-watering treat...
- Heat up a pot and add butter and marshmallows in the pot.
- Melt the marshmallows in low fire and stir until it gets smooth.
- Overturn the mixture onto the baking tray and pat with a spatula to form a rough oval.
- Use two circle cookie cutters to cut out the donuts. Try and cut as closely together as possible to minimize scraps. Cut it when it is hot.
- Decorate rice cereal treats using spatula, ice treats with whipped cream. Sprinkle with Rainbow sprinkles
Episode 02: Mutton Chukka
Ingredients that needed for this dish!
- Take ½ kg Mutton and cut it into small pieces.
- Marinade the mutton with ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, little lemon water, salt, and Fernleaf milk (mixed from milk powder)
- Rest it for 20minutes
- Then add the marinated mutton into a pressure cooker with little water and cook on medium-high for 2-3 whistles
- Alternately, you can cook the meat in a deep covered pot till tender, this will take anywhere between 30-40 minutes on medium heat.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and cardamom
- Add curry leaves and green chillies. Fry till onions is nicely browned.
- Then add turmeric powder and garam masala powder and saute for a few seconds until the paste becomes thick.
- Add little Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) to make the paste thicker and creamier.
- Now add the par-cooked mutton along with all the gravy formed while cooking the meat. Season with salt.
- Cook on medium-high heat to reduce any liquid. Keep stirring and tossing the meat to coat with all the spices.
- When the mixture is well cooked and fairly dry, add coriander leaves
- Serve mutton fry hot with rice or roti and raita
How to Prepare the masala for the mutton chukka..
- Roast the below spices together on a dry pan until there is aroma and then grind them all.
- Dry Chilli, Cumin seed, fennel seed, coriander seed, cardamom, black peppercorn, cinnamon stick and cloves.
Indian Style Creamed Spinach
Ingredients and preparations to make Indian Style Creamed Spinach..
- Hit up water in a pot and add spinach in the hot water and boil it until it becomes soft
- Remove from the heat as soon as the spinach has wilted to avoid over cooking the spinach
- Transfer the spinach to a cold water and then cut the spinach to small pieces
- Heat the wok with some oil and add sliced onion, minced garlic, and finely chopped ginger, green chilli, finely chopped tomato, cumin seed, turmeric powder and garam masala
- Stir and cook the tomato with the other ingredients, dissolving any browned bits off the bottom of the skillet, until the tomato has broken down
- Finally, add the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) and spinach mixture to the wok and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the creamed spinach and add salt and lime juice to taste.
- Indian Style creamed spinach is ready to serve
Ingredients and methods of preparing the mouth-watering dessert...
- Heat the pot and add 1 cup of water and boil it.
- Add sugar to the boiled water and melt it.
- After the sugar water is cold, add to the rice flour and knead it until the dough is not sticky to hand
- Leave the dough to rest for 30mins.
- After 30 minutes shape the dough into small balls.
- Flatten each ball and put about 1 tsp of filling, wrap up and reshape into balls.
- Dip in rice flour water and coat with sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry sesame balls over medium heat until golden brown.
- Leave the balls to cool down completely before serving.
Episode 01: Chicken Satti Sorru
Ingredients that needed for Masala Paste!
Ingredients needed for main dish, Chicken Satti Sorru....
Let's delve on the method of making this insane delicious dish..
• Heat pot and add cooking oil and ghee.
• Add cinnamon, clove, cardamom, dry chilli, and curry leaves in the oil.
• Saute for a while and add ginger and garlic paste, finely chopped small onion and tomato.
• Saute until the tomato cooks
• Add marinated chicken pieces (marinate the chicken with the turmeric, chilli powder and salt) in the pot and mix it well.
• While the chicken is cooking, prepare masala paste (a mixture of garam masala and chicken meat curry powder)
• Add masala paste to the chicken then add water and salt
• Let the chicken cook for a few minutes with the lid closed.
• Cook until the chicken is well coated with the gravy.
• When the chicken is cooked, add rice to the chicken gravy and mix it well
• Finally add Fernleaf Full Cream Milk (mixed from milk powder) to the mixture of chicken gravy and rice
• The delicious Chicken Satti Sorru is now ready to serve!
Ingredients and methods of making Kothamalli Thogayal..
Let's delve on the method of making this insane delicious dish..
• Heat a pan with oil, add Urad dal and gram dal. Fry them in oil until they turn light golden-brown colour.
• Then add red chillies, hing, coriander seeds and black peppercorn
• Place the fried ingredients in a separate plate and cool it.
• Add oil to the pan, add grated coconut and tamarind. Fry for a while and move it to the plate with the previous fried ingredients
• Add coriander leaves and mint leaves to the heated pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
• Allow the fried ingredients to cool down before grinding
• Once the ingredients are cooled down, add all the ingredients to the mixer jar with salt and brown sugar and grind the ingredients to a coarse paste.
• You may add a little bit of water to ease the grinding process.
• Take the Coriander leave Chutney in a bowl
• It’s ready to serve
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter
Ingredients and methods of preparing the mouth-watering dessert...
Let's delve on the method of making this insane dessert...
• Mix graham crackers crumbs with sugar and melted salted butter. Add creamy peanut butter and mix.
• Then transfer the mixture to a tray and pour melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer.
• Chill in the refrigerator until set, then cut into square pieces.
• Delicious Chocolate peanut butter is ready to serve
Full of aroma and you'll never regret of trying it!
Good food is a universal human comfort, and TV shows about good food are nearly as popular.
What better way to do that than indulging yourself with heartfelt food shows and cooking up a storm?
Having our renowned local celebrities along with their mothers/mothers-in-law/aunties/sisters - "Enge Vettu Chef" cooking show is all set to light the fire under our collective feet, persuading us to throw on the apron more and try to nail our mothers' signature recipes.
Set yourself to watch the special cooking show premiering on 3rd March, every Friday at 7.30PM.