The Social Security Organization, widely known as SOCSO or PERKESO, is a government agency established under the Ministry of Human Resources.
SOCSO contributions are made by both employees and employers when a person is employed, in order to provide social security for employees in the event of workplace injuries, emergencies, occupational diseases and death.
But many SOCSO contributors have yet to learn the real benefits this scheme has to offer. Check out its benefits here:
Employment Injury SchemeThe employment injury scheme protects employees against accidents and occupational disease during the course of employment.
These are the benefits of the Employment Injury Scheme:
- Medical benefits
- Temporary disablement benefit
- Permanent disablement benefits
- Constant attendance allowance
- Rehabilitation benefit
- Return to work programme
- Dependent benefit
- Funeral benefits
- Education benefits
Invalidity Pension Scheme
Invalidity Pension Scheme refers to the coverage against incurable illnesses which prohibits the employee from performing daily tasks and earning a living. This includes terminal diseases, stroke and more.
The benefits are:
- Invalidity pension
- Invalidity grant
- Survivors' pension
- Funeral benefit
- Facilities for Physical Rehabilitation and Dialysis
- Education Benefits
Besides the above-mentioned benefits, these are the other vital information a SOCSO contributor should be aware of:
- SOCSO offers free medical health checkups for eligible contributors.
- Employees that have stopped contributing to SOCSO might still be covered if they fulfill certain conditions.
- Under the survivors pension scheme, dependent family members of a deceased employee can apply to have the pension transferred to them.
- RM600 cash allowance per month will be given for unemployed Malaysians under the Employment Insurance Scheme (EIS) for 3 months. This includes those affected by Voluntary Separation Scheme (VSS) and Mutual Separation Scheme (MSS).
Source: SunDaily and LoanStreet
Image credit: HumanResourcesOnline and Robertneuberger