Thu Sep 30 2021
It is important to determine the right time to do your yoga practice. According to researches, expert advice and even scriptures, yoga or any physical activity before sunrise is the best.
It helps warm up the digestive system and help nutrients move easier through the body, causing it to metabolize carbs and fats more easily.
But due to many factors and reasons, most of us are unable to perform yoga in the morning, and opt for late evening and night sessions instead.
If you have no choice but to attend night yoga classes, at least make a habit of doing three to 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations) in the morning, before you start the day.
Early morning yoga practice gives incredible benefits to the mind, body, and soul, and most importantly, assists in weight managament. Here are the five benefits:
1) Good mood, a happier you!An early morning session helps boost your serotonin hormone, which is known as your body's natural happy hormone. Practicing yoga in the morning will ensure you keep the happy brain chemicals flowing all day long.
2) Stress busterWhen you begin your day with a good yoga practice, you are less likely to get caught up with negative thoughts and vibrations. When your mind is under control and in a peaceful state, you can do what needs to be done to reconnect with the universe. Besides, a good yoga session in the morning increases the flow of oxygen to the body and the brain, increasing your focus and keeping you in a relaxed state.
3) Burns calories, keeps you slimPracticing yoga at night can help signal the body to relax. But if you practice early in the morning, on an empty stomach, the "twists and turns" when assuming yoga poses will come to you easier as the body does not have to compete with digestion. Don't be surprised if your body changes shape, and your arms, back and legs become stronger and more defined, when you do yoga in the mornings.
4) Recharges energy for the dayYoga insructor, and the founder of The Sweat Method, Jess Penesso, said that early morning yoga practice allows the body to increase energy and stay healthy and fit throughout the day. So why not start your morning session tomorrow and see the difference?
5) Sharpens your mindThe main purpose of yoga, be it asana, pranayama or meditation, is to keep the mind still. As you perform morning yoga, it can silence your mental chatter and pave way more mental clarity.
Nizha Periaswamy is a yoga instructor and freelance writer
Photo source: Sakthti School Of Yoga
The Real Essence Of the Festival Of Lights
This is the significance of lighting lamps during Deepavali.
Why It’ll Be A Tragedy If The Vanakkam Disappears
This is the significance of saying Vanakam.
Deepavali Special: Kadalai Paruppu Mutton Kheema Gravy
Are you bored of eating idli and thosai with the same curries or chutneys? Then, its time for you to explore the delicious Kadalai Paruppu Mutton Kheema Gravy!
How Can Hindu Youths Celebrate Deepavali?
Deepavali represents the conquest of good over evil. During the festival, lamps are lit in every home and that is why Deepavali is also known as the 'Festival of Lights'.
The Legends Of Deepavali!
These are the famous legends that's being associated with this celebration...
Special Deepavali Mixed Biryani With Chicken, Prawn and Fish!
We bet you've tried Chicken, Mutton, Fish, Seafood or Vegetarian Biryani but have you tried mixed biryani?
Elderly Blessings: Reason To Touch Their Feet On Deepavali!
It is a custom or a common practice to touch the feet of an elderly person especially parents and grandparents on Deepavali.
Seven Chai-Flavoured Desserts You Can Try This Deepavali If You Really Like Tea
These are seven chai-flavoured desserts you can try to do this Deepavali if you really like tea.
The Death of Naragasuran is Not the Reason Why We Celebrate Deepavali?
What is the actual reason behind celebrating the Festival of Lights? Read on here...
The Significance Of Lighting Lamps During Deepavali
So what is the significance of lighting lamps? Find out here...
Join Tamilethumy Season 2 Watch & Win Contest 2021!
Along with the launch of Tamiletchumy 2, we are bringing you an exciting Watch & Win contest with TWO (2) winners every weekday!
Actress Samantha to File Defamation Case on Some YouTube Channels!
Actress Samantha is planning to send legal notices to some YouTube channels and an advocate who allegedly defamed her. Check out the full story here!
Winners of Tamilethumy Season 2 Watch & Win Contest 2021
Congratulations to the winners of Tamiletchumy S2 Watch and Win contest!
Is Pandian Stores' New Mullai Leaving the Serial Soon?
Actress Kaavya Arivumani who plays the character Mullai in Pandian Stores is planning to leave the serial?
Director Shankar's Son-In-Law Booked Over Alleged Sexual Harassment of Minor
Police complaint has been filed against director S. Sankar's son in law and four others by Puducherry Child Welfare Committee...
Bigg Boss Balaji Join Hands With Ravinder After Dispute; Signs First Movie As Lead!
Bigg Boss Balaji has taken to social media to reveal his first project as a hero. Check it out here...
Local Film Ennaval Wins Best Crime Thriller Award at Toronto Film Festival
Local Tamil film Ennaval has won the Best Crime Thriller Feature Film (Jury Award) at this year's Toronto International Tamil Film Festival.
Actor Ajith's Pics From India-Pakistan Border Goes Viral!
Check out actor Ajith's latest pictures from the India-Pakistan border...
Forbes India's 30 Most Influential Social Media Stars In South!
Check out the list of most influential South Indian stars 2021 here...
Did Bigg Boss Akshara Changed Her Identity To Cover Her Controversial Past?
It is speculated that Bigg Boss Akshara Reddy has changed her identity because of this shocking reason...