Also, keep your eyes glued to this page as we are eager to give away some of the best recipes from the show:
EP13: KAM HEONG CHICKEN
- Clean and cut one kg chicken, and marinate it for 30 minutes in a mixture containing six tbsp of cornflour, two tbsp of oyster sauce, one tbsp of meat curry powder, three tbsp of soy sauce, one egg, one tsp of sugar and enough salt.
- Chop fifteen cloves of garlic and seven shallots.
- Soak 30g of dried prawns in water.
- Clean and de-shell ten prawns.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken and drain the excess oil.
- Heat oil and add the chopped garlic, chopped shallots, two crushed lemongrasses, one handful of curry leaves, five dried chilies, and stir it well.
- Next, drain and add the soaked dried prawns, the fried chicken pieces, three tbsp of oyster sauce, the dried prawn soaked water, enough sugar and salt.
- Stir well, and the delicious dish is now ready to be served.
EP13: JAPANESE TOFU WITH MINCED CHICKEN & PRAWN
- Chop half carrot, half green capsicum, half red capsicum, half onion, and 50g of button mushrooms.
- Slice and fry two Japanese tofu.
- Marinate 50g of minced chicken with one tsp of soy sauce, one tsp of sesame oil, one tbsp of oyster sauce, and one tsp of cornflour.
- To make the sauce, add one tbsp of soy sauce, two tbsp of oyster sauce, and two tbsp of chili bean paste into half a cup of water and stir.
- Heat oil and add 20g of chopped garlic, one tbsp of chopped ginger, chopped onion, and the marinated chicken.
- Once the chicken is half cooked, add the sliced button mushrooms, and the cleaned prawns.
- Next, add the chopped carrot, green and red capsicum, and add the sauce together with a little bit of water, half tsp of sugar, and the fried Japanese tofu.
- Mix one tbsp of cornflour and two tbsp of water and add to the dish.
- Garnish the dish with spring onion, and the yummy dish is now ready to be served.
EP13: CHOCOLATE MOIST CAKE
- Add two tbsp of espresso powder to a cup of hot water and leave it aside.
- Mix two cups of self-raising flour, 2/3 cup of cocoa powder, four tbsp of cornflour, two tsp of baking powder, two tsp baking soda, two cups of sugar, and one tsp of salt and whisk it nicely.
- Next, add four eggs, a cup of milk, half a cup of corn oil, coffee mixture, two tsp of vanilla essence, two tbsp of vinegar, and beat it till it gets a smooth consistency.
- Next, pour the batter into two cake pans and bake it in 150 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes; once done, leave it to cool.
- To create the ganache, melt 500g of cooking chocolate in a double boiler and add 30ml of cream.
- Lastly, stack up the cake layers and cover them with the delicious ganache to complete the cake.
Method (For Dough):
- Mix two and a half tsp of dry yeast to two cups of warm water.
- Next, add three and a half cups of all-purpose flour, one tsp of sugar, two tsp of salt, two tsp of olive oil, and the yeast water into the mixture and beat it using a dough hook at low speed for 10 minutes.
- Once done, add a little olive oil and knead the dough with your hand; set the kneaded dough in a bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and leave it for two hours to allow the dough to rise.
Method (For Sauce):
- To prepare the sauce, mix one and a quarter cup of tomato puree with one tsp of dried basil, one tsp of dried oregano, two tsp of garlic powder, two tsp of onion powder, a pinch of sugar, and enough salt; mix it thoroughly.
Method (For Topping):
- To prepare the pizza topping, mix half a cup of bbq sauce into a tray of steamed and shredded chicken breasts; mix it thoroughly.
Method (to complete the dish):
- Take half of the pizza dough and level it on the baking tray.
- Next, spread the sauce on the pizza dough thoroughly and top it with a generous sprinkle of shredded chicken, onions rings, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- The gratifying pizza will be ready to serve once it's baked at 180-degree Celsius, from 15 to 20 minutes.
EP12: GARLIC BREAD
- Slice the baguette into several pieces and cut the slices in half.
- Finely mince three cloves of garlic.
- Mix 120g butter, minced garlic, two tbsp of finely chopped parsley, and enough salt; stir thoroughly.
- Next, spread a generous amount of the mixture in the baguette slices.
- The yummy garlic bread will be ready once baked at 175-degree celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
EP12: MUSHROOM SOUP
- Slice two onions and 500g of button mushrooms.
- Finely chop three cloves of garlic.
- Melt 90g of butter and add the sliced onions and garlic; stir for 10 minutes.
- Next, mix two tbsp of all-purpose flour, sliced button mushrooms, three cups of chicken broth, one bay leaf, two tbsp of fresh parsley, and enough pepper into the melted butter; stir well and leave it to a boil.
- Once done, leave the mixture to cool, remove the bay leaf, and blitz the mixture in a blender.
- After blitzing, add half a cup of cooking cream and blitz again to complete the mouthwatering dish.
EP12: COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESE DIP
- Beat 225g of cream cheese with half a cup of icing sugar.
- Then, mix one cup of crushed chocolate biscuits into the batter and fold before adding half a cup of whipping cream; mix it thoroughly.
- The tasty cheese dip should be served together with sides such as cookies, strawberries, and even sliced green apples.
EP11: GHEE RICE
- Chop half Bombay onions
- Soak two cups of Basmathi rice in water for 30 minutes
- Soak one pinch of saffron in water
- Melt one and a half tbsp of ghee and one and a half tbsp of butter in a heated pan, and add one and a half tbsp of oil.
- Next, add one cinnamon stick, two bay leaves, four cloves, and four cardamoms; stir well till you get a nice aroma.
- Then, add two tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, followed by the sliced Bombay onion, one knotted pandan leaf, and one stalk of crushed lemongrass.
- Add the soaked rice into the mixture and stir it thoroughly; then cook the mixture in the rice cooker after adding three cups of water.
- Once cooked, add the saffron water and garnish the aromatic Basmati rice with coriander leaves.
EP11: PANEER BUTTER MASALA
- Chop four onions and three tomatoes.
- Cut the paneer into cubes.
- Melt three tbsp of butter in a heated pan, and add the chopped onions, four tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, and 200g of cashew nuts.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and leave it to cook till it becomes soft.
- Leave the mixture to cool before blending it with a quarter cup of water.
- In a separate pan, melt three tbsp of butter, and add two cinnamon sticks, one bay leaf, and four cardamoms; stir well.
- Next, add the blended mixture, stir, and leave it to a boil before adding one tsp of garam masala, one tbsp of Kashmiri chili powder, enough salt, and one tbsp of sugar.
- Once done, add four tbsp of cooking cream, 400g of chopped paneer, one tbsp of kasturi methi.
- Stir well and the delicious dish is ready to be served.
EP11: BRINJAL WITH YOGURT
- Slice five brinjals and season them with salt.
- Chop ten shallots and three green chillis.
- Fry the sliced brinjal in oil, and drain the excess oil.
- Next, add the chopped shallots, green chilies, ten curry leaves, and half a cup of yogurt.
- Mix it thoroughly to complete the yummy vegetarian dish.
EP11: SNAKE GOURD WITH BENGAL GRAM
- Chop two dried chilies, eight shallots, and one snake gourd.
- Boil one cup of Bengal gram and store the water in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil and add one tbsp of mixed spices, two tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, and one spring of curry leaves; stir well.
- Next, add chopped dried chilies and shallots to the mixture, stir, and add the sliced snake gourd, one cup of gram-boiled water with enough salt.
- Once done, add half a tsp of turmeric powder, one cup of cooked Bengal gram, and half a cup of coconut milk to complete the lovely dish.
EP11: BADAM MILK
- Roast and grind ground almond into a fine powder.
- Boil one liter of fresh milk, add half a cup of ground almond powder, and stir well.
- Next, add two tbsp of palm rock sugar, one pinch of saffron, two cardamom seeds, and continue boiling till it gets a thick and creamy consistency.
- The tasty beverage is ready to be served.
EP10: STEAMED GINGER FISH
- Clean one whole Siakap fish.
- Crush five pieces of lemongrass.
- Cut two spring onions and soak them in cold water.
- Slice two shiitake mushrooms into thin slices.
- Chop five cloves of garlic and a quarter piece of ginger.
- Place the Siakap in a steamer plate with the crushed lemongrass at the bottom and sliced ginger on top, and steam it for 10 minutes.
- For the base of the sauce, mix one tbsp of oyster sauce, two tbsp of soy sauce, half tsp of sesame oil, quarter tsp of grounded white pepper, and half tsp of sugar into half a cup of chicken stock and mix it well.
- Next, heat the oil in a pan and shimmer the chopped garlic and ginger, followed by the sliced shiitake mushrooms and the sauce-base to complete the sauce.
- Remove the fish from the steamer, drain the fish stock, and pour the sauce on top.
- Garnish the delicious dish with spring onions and sliced chili.
EP10: SZECHUAN SOUP
- Add one tsp of soy sauce, a quarter tsp of cornflour, and half tsp of oil to 100g of chicken strips and leave it to marinate.
- Slice two pieces of Chinese black fungus, two shiitake mushrooms, 30g of carrots, and 150g of soft tofu.
- To prepare paste 1: Mix two tbsp of taucu, one tsp of dark soy sauce, one tsp of sugar, and enough salt.
- To prepare paste 2: Mix two tsp of ground white pepper, one tsp of sesame oil, and two tbsp of black vinegar.
- Boil three cups of chicken broth and add three slices of ginger, sliced black fungus, shiitake mushrooms, and 30g of carrots.
- Next, add both pastes together with the marinated chicken and the soft tofu.
- Then mix one and a half tbsp of cornflour with one tbsp of water, and add the mixture into the soup.
- Lastly, add one egg into the soup, and complete the dish with coriander leaves.
EP10: LONGAN JELLY
- Boil two cups of water and add 200g of sugar and one can of longan syrup; stir till the sugar dissolves.
- Add one packet of jelly powder, and one can of longan fruit.
- Next, add drops of green colouring and leave it to boil.
- Once done, leave the drink to cool off and place it in the fridge for sometime before it's ready to be served.
EP9: VEGETABLE BIRYANI
- Soak two cups of basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Chop one onion, one potato, one carrot, one green capsicum, 200g cauliflower, one red chili, and two tomatoes.
- Grind ginger and garlic to make it into a paste.
- To make the vegetable biryani, add ghee into a hot pan, followed by three cloves, two bay leaves, three-star anise, five cardamom, two cinnamon sticks, and stir it till you get a lovely aroma.
- Next, add chopped onion and two tbsp of ginger-garlic paste and leave it to cook.
- Then, add the chopped potato, carrot, green capsicum, and cauliflower, followed by two tbsp of biryani masala.
- It is optional to add one tbsp of chili powder to make it spicy.
- Add a little water, stir well; add the chopped tomatoes, three tbsp of yogurt, red chili, and enough salt.
- Next, add the soaked basmati rice, the cooked vegetables, and three cups of water into the rice cooker and cook it for 30 minutes.
- Garnish the aromatic biryani with coriander leaves, and pair it up with onion raita.
EP9: ONION RAITA
- Chop two Bombay onions.
- Chop mint /coriander leaves.
- To make the onion raita, mix the chopped onion into five tbsp of yogurt.
- Add salt, chopped mint, or coriander leaves and stir well.
- The delicious onion raita is ready to be served with the vegetable biryani.
EP9: GOBI MASALA
- Chop 500g of cauliflower, boil it in hot water till it turns soft, and drain the water.
- Chop two Bombay onions, five shallots, two tomatoes, and two green chilies.
- Grind ginger and garlic together to make it into a paste.
- Pour oil into a heated pan, add one cinnamon stick, three cardamom, three-star anise, and three cloves.
- Next, add the chopped onions, shallots, a little salt to taste, and stir well.
- Then, add the chopped green chilies, two springs of curry leaves, one tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, and the chopped tomatoes; mix well.
- Once done, add half tsp of coriander powder, half tsp of garam masala, half tsp of turmeric powder, half tsp of chill powder and add the softened cauliflower into the pan, and add a little water.
- Add a little bit of salt again and a quarter cup of coconut milk to complete the tasty dish.
EP9: PAAL PAYASAM
- Chop cashew nuts and almond nuts.
- Crush four cardamoms.
- Boil a three-quarter cup of sago till it's half cooked and add one cup of rice vermicelli.
- Next, add half a cup of sugar and mix it well.
- In a heated pan, add two tbsp of ghee, four tbsp of almond, four tbsp of cashew nuts, and four tbsp of raisins; stir it well and mix it in the sago-vermicelli mixture.
- Next, add half a cup of condensed milk, four cups of full cream milk, saffron, and leave it to a boil.
- Complete the tasty Paal payasam by adding the crushed cardamoms and enough salt.
EP8: MUTTON KHEEMA
- Mince 300g of mutton
- Chop two onions, one green chili, one tomato, and one carrot
- Grind ginger and garlic to make it into a paste
- Chop coriander and mint leaves
- Heat oil, add one cinnamon stick, three cardamoms, three cloves, one bay leaf, chopped onions, salt, green chili, two springs of curry leaves, two tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomato, and one tbsp of chili powder one-by-one, and saute till it turns brown.
- Then add the minced mutton meat with a little bit of water, and leave it to cook.
- Once the meat is half cooked, add the chopped carrot, a quarter cup of tomato puree, one tsp of garam masala, enough salt, half a tsp of turmeric powder, two tbsp of chopped coriander, and two tbsp of mint leaves one-by-one and stir well.
- One done, garnish the lovely cuisine with fresh coriander leaves.
EP8: PISTACHIO COOKIES
- Chop almond and pistachio nuts for the topping
- Beat 225g of butter till it's creamy, and add 85g of castor sugar, 55g of rice flour, 140g of wheat flour, 200g of wholemeal flour, one tsp of vanilla essence, and two tbsp of corn oil; one-by-one while still beating.
- Then add salt, knead the dough on a floured board, roll the dough, and cut it into shape with a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies one inch apart on a tray, and bake it at 150 degrees celsius for 20 to 25 minutes; let the cookies cool once it's out of the oven.
- Use a double boiler method to melt 140g of white chocolate.
- Garnish the delicate cookies with a layer of white chocolate with a sprinkle of almond nibs and pistachio nuts.
EP8: LEMON CHEESE CUPCAKES
- Add half tsp of baking powder into 140g of self-raising flour and mix it thoroughly.
- Beat 150g of butter, and then add 100g of cream cheese, 140g of castor sugar, enough salt, one tsp of lemon zest, and beat till it gets a creamy consistency.
- Add two eggs one-by-one, and continue beating.
- Next alternate and fold the batter with the self-raising flour and one tbsp of lemon juice.
- Lastly, add the batter in the baking cups; each cup should contain 47g of cupcake batter.
- Place the batter in a baking tray, knock to release the trapped air and bake it at 150 degrees celsius from 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes to cool once done, and the flavourful moist cupcake is now ready to be served.
EP7: CHILLI CRAB
- Blend six fresh red chilis, twelve cloves of garlic, eight shallots, and a 2cm ginger into a paste
- Clean three crabs, and cut them in half
- Saute the paste in oil for five minutes until it turns slightly brown.
- Then add one tsp of taucu (also known as bean paste), two tbsp of chili paste, two tbsp of tomato sauce, half tsp of sugar, enough salt, and mix it well.
- Next, add the crabs, a bit of water and stir; then close the lid and leave it to cook.
- Once done, off the stove, add one whisked egg into the dish and stir.
- Garnish the flavorsome chili crab with spring onion.
- The dish tastes even delicious when paired-up with mantou buns which can be defrosted to room temperature and deep-fried.
EP7: BANANA FRITTERS
- Peel and mash three bananas
- Add 50g of wheat flour, 50g of rice flour, half tsp of baking soda into the mashed bananas, and mix it thoroughly.
- Then, drop the batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil and cook until browned, turning it once.
- Remove fritters from the oil and drain them on paper towels
- The yummy banana fritters can be paired with honey and vanilla ice cream.
EP7: STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE
- Clean and cut fresh strawberries to fill half a cup
- Blend three cups of strawberry ice cream, half a cup of fresh strawberries, and one cup of fresh milk.
- Once done, you can garnish and serve the appetizing milkshake.
EP6: ROAST TURKEY
- Chop rosemary and thyme leaves finely
- Chop 10 cloves of garlic
- Cut four Bombay onions, seven potatoes, one bunch of celery, and one packet of baby carrots into big chunks
- Mix two tbsp of cornstarch into water, and stir
- To make turkey's butter rub, add salt, pepper, two tbsp of chopped rosemary, two tbsp of thyme, and chopped garlic in 454g butter and mix it well.
- Then to loosen the turkey's skin, slide fingers under the skin from its neck till the other end without tearing the skin, and rub the herb butter under the skin; then spread the butter on the turkey.
- Place the chopped Bombay onions, baby carrots, potato, and celery in a baking tray and season it with extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Stuff the turkey with whole garlic and lemon (cut in two), place the turkey in the same baking tray, and add two cups of chicken broth.
- Bake the turkey at 180 degrees Celcius, and after an hour, check the turkey on and off to ensure it's not overcooked and place a foil cover on top its the skin started getting brown.
- Once done, place the roasted vegetables and turkey on a plate.
- To prepare the sauce, pour the excess broth from the tray into a pot, and mix the cornstarch mixture; leave it to boil and thicken.
- Lastly, use a strainer to remove the lumps from the sauce, and the delicious dish is now ready to serve.
EP6: PUMPKIN SOUP
- Dice one pumpkin
- Chop one onion and three cloves of garlic
- Add one cup of chicken stock and the diced pumpkin in a pot, and leave it to cook.
- Then add the chopped onion and garlic with some salt, close the lid, and leave it to cook for about fifteen minutes.
- Once it turns soft and mushy, leave it to cool for five minutes and blitz it in a blender to make it into a puree.
- Lastly, add one and a half cup of cream to the pumpkin puree and mix it well to complete the tasty pumpkin soup.
EP6: BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
- Crush 200g digestive biscuits into crumbs
- To prepare the crust, add the powdered biscuits into a bowl, add 110g of melted butter and stir well.
- Once done, add the crumbs into the baking pan to make the crust, smooth it and leave it in the fridge for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Then add 500g cream cheese and 30g butter in a bowl, and beat till it gets a creamy consistency.
- Then add 130g sugar, one tbsp of lemon zest, three tbsp of lemon juice, 35g of cornflour, four eggs one by one, and one cup of whipping cream, all while still beating.
- Once done, add a layer of butter in the cake pan, on top of the crust, and add 180g of Blueberry jam.
- Pour the remaining batter on top, knock the pan on the kitchen top to release the bubble, and put the pan inside an aluminum foil.
- To bake the cake using the water bath method, preheat the oven with a tray of water.
- Once done, place the cake pan in the water tray, and bake it in 150 degrees Celcius for one and a half hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven, leave it to cool and place it in the fridge for four to five hours to let it set.
- Garnish the yummy cake with blueberry jam on top.
EP5: SALT & PEPPER FRIED SQUID
- Clean, cut, and season 350g squid with salt and pepper
- Whisk one egg
- Chop three cloves of garlic, one red chili, and one spring onion
- Add the whisked egg, half tbsp of chili powder, a quarter cup of cornflour, and two tbsp of tapioca flour into the seasoned squid and mix.
- Then deep fry the squid and place it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Next, saute the chopped garlic and chili in a pan; add the fried squid and spring onion.
- Finally, squeeze half a lemon to complete the appetizing dish, and you can garnish it with coriander leaves.
EP5: NASI GORENG KAMPUNG
- Crush and mince a handful of anchovies, four red chili padi, four green chili padi, seven cloves of garlic, seven shallots, and three-inch shrimp paste (belacan) into a paste by using mortar and pestle.
- Clean and cut half a bowl of chicken breast
- Clean and devein ten prawns
- Fry half a bowl of anchovies
- Clean one bunch of water spinach (kangkung), and separate the stems from the leaves
- Saute the minced paste and add chicken breast; stir until it changes slightly darker and add the prawns.
- Then add the kangkung stems, leave it to cook, and add the kangkung leaves.
- Next, add one anchovy stock cube, two eggs, and continue stirring.
- Finally, add two cups of cooked rice, mix it thoroughly, and sprinkle the fried anchovies on top to complete the tasty fried rice.
- Separate yolks from six eggs
- Beat 450g mascarpone cheese until it turns creamy
- Beat two cups of whipping cream for three minutes
- Use a double boiler, fill the bottom pot with two inches of water, and turn on your burner to a simmer.
- To make the custard, pour the egg yolks into the top bowl, add a three-quarter cup of sugar, and whisk it for ten minutes in low heat.
- Once the custard batter gets a thick and creamy consistency, remove it from the burner and add it to the beaten mascarpone cheese; mix it thoroughly.
- Next, add the beaten whipping cream into the custard gradually and continue stirring before adding half tsp of vanilla essence and salt.
- Now to put the dish together, quickly dip ladyfinger biscuits in one and a half cups of espresso and layer it at the bottom of a shallow glass dish, and pour the custard batter on top to form a thick second layer.
- Repeat the layers and complete the dish with a dense sprinkle of cocoa powder on top.
- Lastly, cover the mouthwatering dessert with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for several hours to allow it to set before serving to others.
EP5: BUBUR CHA CHA
- Clean, peel, and dice yam, orange sweet potatoes, and purple sweet potatoes
- Slice one banana
- Add 70g of diced orange sweet potatoes, 70g of purple sweet potatoes, and 140g of diced yam into a boiling pot, and leave it until it becomes soft.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes, add into ice-cold water, and drain it again after a minute.
- To prepare the sago pearls, add 40g of sago in a separate boiling pot and leave it to cook; once translucent, remove it from the heat, rinse well and drain.
- To prepare the chewy glutinous balls, simply mix 80g of glutinous rice flour with water and knead till you get a smooth dough; divide the dough into two portions, add red and green colouring apiece, and make it into small and colourful balls.
- Gently drop the glutinous balls into boiling water and cook until they float to the surface. Once the balls have risen to the surface, drain and add into ice-cold water.
- To prepare the pandan infused milk, add 500ml water into a pan, 160g sugar, three pandan leaves, and a quarter tsp salt; leave it to boil, add the cooked potatoes, sago pearls, and glutinous balls.
- Lastly, add 250ml fresh coconut milk, bring it to boil, and add the sliced banana to complete the sweet and creamy dessert.
EP4: KASHMIRI CHILLI PRAWNS
- Peel, devein, and rinse 2KG prawns
- Dice one Bombay onion and two red onions
- Chop five cloves of garlic
- Add three tbs of margarine in a heated skillet, and add the diced red and Bombay onions; stir well before adding the chopped garlic.
- Then add the cleaned prawns and stir until its flesh turns pink, which indicates the prawns are well cooked.
- Next, add three tbsp of Kashmiri Chili Powder, enough salt, and stir.
- You can opt to add more or less Chili powder to alter its spiciness as per your liking.
- To have gravy, add a splash of water and stir or leave it as it is to get a dry dish.
- The heavenly Kashmiri Chilli Prawn is now ready to be garnished and served.
EP4: GREEK SALAD
- Clean and dice one yellow and one red capsicum
- Dice half cucumber
- Dice one onion
- Chop three cloves of garlic
- To make the salad, add the diced capsicums, cucumber, and onion, with 300g cherry tomatoes and 100g feta cheese into a bowl.
- For the dressing, mix half a cup of extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, half tsp of dijon mustard, quarter tsp of balsamic vinegar, one tsp of dried oregano, enough salt, pepper and stir well.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and stir well to complete the healthy and flavourful salad.
EP4: WALNUT BROWNIE
- Grease the cake pan
- Beat three eggs with enough salt at low speed until the batter turns pale yellow with a thick consistency.
- Add half a cup of ground almond, one and a half cups of chocolate spread and mix it well.
- Then add half a cup of chopped walnut and stir again.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and sprinkle the remaining chopped walnut on top.
- Bake it for 20 minutes at 160 degrees celsius.
- The gratifying brownie tastes fantastic when paired with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.
EP3: CLASSIC BRUSCHETTA
- Use a serrated knife and slice half baguette / french loaf crosswise 2.into small, almost circular bread pieces
- Cut two medium tomatoes into cubes
- Stack five fresh basil leaves, roll it tightly, and slice
- Rub one side of each baguette slice with a garlic clove
- Add diced tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, and oil into a bowl and mix well.
- Add two tsp of extra virgin olive to a pan and toast the bread for a couple of minutes on each side, or until it's golden brown.
- Once done, top the bread slices with tomato-basil mixture.
- Complete the tasty bruschetta with pepper and a pinch of salt.
EP3: PAN-FRIED SALMON
- Cut salmon into fillets without removing the skin
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper
- Add three tbsp of olive oil into a pan, and once medium-heat, sear the salmon fillets skin side down.
- Press the fillet to get an even sear, and cook until the skin turns crispy and golden.
- Flip the fillet and cook for a few more minutes until the flesh turns into a lighter colour.
- Remove the fillets from the pan before it overcooks, and the delicious salmon fillet is ready to be served.
EP3: EASY BLANCHED ASPARAGUS
- Rinse a handful of asparagus spears under cool water to remove any grit and snap off the bottom inch.
- Boil a pot of salted water and add the spears to blanch.
- Cook for three to four minutes until the spears turn bright green and crisp-tender.
- Drain the asparagus and prepare it to be served.
EP3: MASHED POTATOES
- Peel 1 kg of Russet potatoes
- Boil the peeled potatoes for 20 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Once done, drain the cooked potatoes and mash it well until it gets a chunky and creamy texture.
- Add half a cup of full cream milk, 35 gm butter, two tbsp of heavy cream and stir it well.
- Finish the yummy mash potatoes by seasoning it with salt and pepper.
EP3: BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Peel and mash four bananas
- Sift 300 gm of all-purpose flour into a bowl, and sift one-eighth tsp of salt, 1 tsp of baking powder, half tsp of baking soda, and stir.
- Butter and flour the cake pan
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree celsius
- To make the banana cake, beat 270 gm butter at low speed into a creamy consistency, add 160 gm of brown sugar, and continue beating.
- Add two eggs to the batter one-by-one and continue beating.
- Add half of the sifted flour to the batter, half of the mashed bananas and continue beating at a low speed.
- Add one tsp of vanilla essence, the remaining flour, mashed bananas, and continue beating until it's smooth and creamy.
- Then, pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in the pre-heated oven at 160 degrees celsius for 50 minutes.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, add 250 gm of cream cheese into a bowl, and beat it into a creamy texture.
- Then add 45 gm of butter, three cups of powdered icing sugar gradually, and continue beating.
- To complete the frosting, add one tsp of vanilla essence with one and a half tsp of lemon zest and stir well.
- Once the cake comes out of the oven, let it cool and top it with the cream cheese frosting to complete the scrumptious dessert.
EP2: PRAWN TOM YAM
- Crush two stalks of lemongrass
- Slice three chili padi into thin slices
- Cut one tomato into big pieces
- Cut one galangal into ten thin slices
- Add three and a half cup of chicken broth in a pan, add the crushed lemongrass, galangal slices, six kaffir lime, and leave it to boil.
- Then add 86 grams of Nam Prik Pau paste, also known as Thai Chili Paste, and leave the broth at a rolling boil for five to ten minutes before adding the sliced chili padi.
- Next add 350 grams of whole prawns, add one can of straw mushrooms, and the sliced tomato. Stir well and leave it to simmer.
- Once done, turn off the stove, add a quarter cup of lime juice, three tbsp of fish sauce, and enough sugar to balance the flavour.
- Stir well before garnishing the delightful dish with coriander leaves.
EP2: PAK CHOI WITH GARLIC
- Chop 10 garlic cloves finely
- Blanch 500 grams of pak choi in boiling water, remove it in a brief and place it on a plate.
- On low heat, add oil on a pan, add the chopped garlic, five tbsp of soy sauce, one tbsp of sweet sauce, and stir well.
- Add water into the gravy and leave it to simmer.
- Pour the sauce on the blanched pak choi to complete the flavourful dish.
EP2: SAGO JELLY-MILK
- Soak one cup of sago seeds for 30 mins, add it into the simmering water and wait until the seeds turn almost transparent.
- Strain and rinse the cooked sago under running water to remove residual starch.
- First, add three cups of full cream milk and one can of condensed milk into a pan and leave it to simmer.
- Then, add the cooked sago into the milk together with two drops of red-colouring and two drops of rose essence to enhance its look and smell, and stir well.
- Once done, add the coloured jelly cubes to complete the refreshing dessert.
EP1: CHICKEN MASALA
- Add a three-quarter cup of grated coconut, one tsp of cumin seeds, one tsp of fennel seeds, five pieces of cloves, two tsp of black peppercorn, and two cinnamon sticks into a pan and roast it; Once done, leave it to rest and grind it into powder.
- Pound one-inch ginger and twelve cloves of garlic into a paste.
- Cut two big onions and one whole chicken into pieces.
- Add three tsp of ghee into a hot pan and add the sliced onions with one piece of green chili. Stir well, add curry leaves, two medium tomatoes, pounded garlic-ginger paste, and let it cook slightly before adding the grounded coconut powder.
- Then, add the chicken pieces and stir evenly; Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken in low heat for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is well cooked, add one tbsp of coriander powder, half tsp of garam masala, half tsp of turmeric powder, one and a half tsp of vinegar, enough salt, and stir well.
- Lastly, garnish it with cashew nuts, coriander leaves, and dried chili to complete the delicious dish.
EP1: BUTTER CAKE
- Sift 283 gm of self-raising flour, add one-quarter tsp of baking powder and mix well.
- Grease and flour the cake pan.
- Beat 340 gm of salted butter at a low speed to get a creamy texture; Add 255 gm of castor sugar and continue beating.
- Add five eggs into the batter one by one and continue beating at the same speed.
- Once done, add the flour mixture and one and a half tbsp of fresh milk alternatively into the batter and stir well.
- Add two tsp of vanilla essence and continue stirring.
- Once done, pour the batter into the cake pan and tap the pan on the kitchen counter a few times to get rid of air bubbles.
- Place the cake pan in the oven and bake it at 180 degrees celsius for 60 minutes.
- Garnish and enjoy the scrumptious cake.
EP1: MANGO LASSI
- Cut a mango into small pieces
- Pound one cardamom into powder
- Add one cup of sliced mango, half a cup of full cream milk, half a cup of yogurt, two tbsp of honey, and a pinch of pounded cardamom.
- Blend until smooth and pour it into a glass.
- Quench your thirst with this gratifying beverage.