RAAGA’S IWD Zumba session will be held at SW Banquet Hall, Kompleks TLK, Brickfields and will be hosted by Dr Shalini Ramachandran, medical doctor cum professional Zumba coordinator, who has more than two years experience in teaching Zumba. She was also featured on RAAGA’s Saathanai Hero-Kkal search last year. This special IWD Zumba is open to the public for free, and walk-ins are welcome.
In addition, fans can tune in to the Kalakkal Kaalai segment from 6am to 10am for inspiring interviews throughout the week, as follows:
- Monday, 2 March: Kalakkal Kaalai announcers will feature their choice of inspiring women. Listeners can also share positive messages to women.
- Tuesday, 3 March: Free clinic exclusively for women, where medical doctor, Dr. Praveena will be on air to clarify some questions or concerns that RAAGA fans will raise on social media. Fans can also stream this free clinic via Instagram Live.
- Wednesday, 4 March: Jayamalar Samuel, one of the founders of the RYTHM Foundation, will speak about the lives of women in the outskirts. She has extensive experience working with cases of violence against women and children, and also talk about reproductive health and rights.
- Thursday, 5 March: Kalakkal Kaalai announce Ahila will join hands with Bhuvaneswari, better known as ‘Pad Woman’, to give out hygiene packs, which include eco-friendly sanitary pads to homeless women around KL.
- Friday, 6 March: Showcase of local female artistes through an exciting jamming session.