Southern Thailand is famous for the flavorful traditional pineapple curry.
Undoubtedly, Thai curry is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious dish for both lunch and dinner.
Astro Ulagam found a Spicy Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry recipe just for you. The chicken is jazzed up with pineapple and basil to rock your taste buds!
Curry Powder – 2 tbsp
Lemongrass Stalks - 5
Thai chilies - 3 or more for heat
Garlic cloves- 3
Ginger- 2 thumb-sized
Cumin- ½ tsp
Coriander – ½ tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Cinnamon – a pinch
Clove – a pinch
Fresh pineapple – 1/2 of the fruit
Chicken breasts - 2
Red bell pepper – 1
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Thai basil – 30 leaves
Lime - 1
1) Slice the tender lemongrass heart into small rounds and blend it in a food processor with shallots and curry paste.
2) Cut the pineapple, chicken and the red pepper into strips.Slit the chilies and tear the basil leaves.
3) In a hot wok, sear the chicken in some oil for about 3 minutes. Then, add the red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
4) Next, add the pineapples and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and chilies. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
5) Add coconut milk and simmer but don’t let it boil. Lower the heat and cook for 7 more minutes. Add the basil leaves and lime juice.Season with salt.
6) Serve with fragrant Thai steamed rice.
Picture credit: tablespoon.com