Sometimes, the app can make mindlessly scroll for hours - killing your productivity, and spoiling your eyesight at the same time.
Knowing this very well, the app now has a feature that enables you to limit how long you spend on the platform. Here's how you set the Screen Time Management function on TikTok:
- Open TikTok
- Tap your profile icon at the bottom right corner to go to your profile
- Now, tap the three lines icon (≡) at the top right corner, which will take you to the Settings and Privacy menu
- Next, scroll down to the Digital Wellbeing icon, and choose the Screen Time Management option
- When you tap on this option for ON, the next screen gives you the option to set a time limit you want to spend on TikTok daily. The options available are 40 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, or 120 minutes.
- Once you have made your selection, tap the back arrow in the top left corner to go to the home screen
- Now, tap the red "Turn On" button at the bottom of the screen
- Set up your password and reconfirm it on the next page
Consider it like a splash of cold water to the face when you are staring emptily into space.
This restrictionary measure is not set in stone, however. If you decide that you don't want an app telling you when to stop, somewhere in the future, you can always navigate to the Screen Time Management option and turning it off. However, you need to remember your passcode to get through this, as you could get locked out of your account otherwise.
Source: makeuseof.com, sea.mashable.com
Photo source: medium.com