Below are some interesting facts about the live-giving wonder that you should know about:
- -The average human body is made of 55 to 65 percent water.
- Surprisingly, newborn babies have more - around 78 percent water.
- Water covers 70.9 percent of the Earth's surface.
- There is more water in the atmosphere than in all of our rivers combined.
- 97 percent of the water on Earth is found in the oceans, 2.5 percent is fresh water trapped in glaciers and underground, while 0.5 percent is available freshwater.
- We have the same amount of water on Earth now, as there was when the planet was formed
- Water regulates the Earth's temperature, the same way it regulates the human body.
- The human brain and a living tree, are both 75 percent water.
- A person can only live a week without water. In comparison, a person can live about a month without food.
- 748 million people in the world DO NOT have access to improved source of drinking water.
- And two billion DO NOT have use of an improved sanitation facility.
- Some 1.8 billion people worldwide drink water that is contaminated with fecal particles.
- In cities in the developing world, up to 50 percent water is lost through leaks.
- Drinking too much water can be fatal (known as water intoxication).
- There is an estimated 326 million trillion gallons of water on earth.
Source: treehugger.com, seametrics.com
Photo source: neverfail.com.au