CLOSE
CLOSE AD

Deputy Health Minister & Exco Fined for Breaching MCO, Terengganu MB Off The Hook

  • 28 Apr 2020
Deputy-Health-Minister-Exco-Fined-for-Breaching-MCO-Terengganu-MB-Off-The-Hook

Two politicians were today slapped with RM1,000 fine each for breaching the Movement Control Order (MCO) enforced to contain the spread of COVID-19.

Deputy Health Minister I Dr Noor Azmi Ghazali, Perak executive councillor Razman Zakaria, and 13 others  faced the charges today at the Gerik magistrate's court in Perak.

They were charged with attending the function at a hall in Lenggong, between 6pm and 7pm on April 17, in violation of the Regulation 6 (1) of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures within the Infected Local Areas) Regulations 2020, which is being enforced under the MCO.

The matter garnered backlash after photographs of the gathering were shared online. 

According to the Malay Mail, Dr Noor Azmi, when met by reporters after the proceeding, apologised for violating the law and pledged to not repeat his mistake. 

Meanwhile in Terengganu, state Menteri Besar Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar and 14 others were let off the hook after they were probed for allegedly breaching the MCO.

The Malay Mail reported Terengganu state police chief Roslee Chik saying the case was dropped after the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) instructed no further action into the case. 

The AGC letter had also instructed no action to be taken against Terengganu Umno liaison committee chairman, and former state menteri besar Ahmad Said, who was captured standing together with Ahmad Samsuri and several other volunteers at his home on April 17.

On another matter, Kuantan MP Fuziah Salleh will be charged tomorrow at the Johor Bahru Sessions Court for spreading fake news, after she shared a video claiming chaos at the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex (CIQ) in Johor Bahru recently.

In the post, the former deputy minister had claimed that the chaotic scenes depicted the exodus of Malaysian workers in Singapore seeking to return home following the enforcement of the MCO to contain the spread of COVID-19.

The posting, was however, later removed, and the administrator of the said page apologised for posting the "old video". 

The authorities have since clarified that the scene actually depicted a fire drill at the complex last year. 


Source: Malay Mail, FMT
Photo source: Bernama



Suggested Articles

Govt-Seeks-Emergency-Powers-To-Contain-COVID-19-Say-Reports News
ARTICLE
  • 23 Oct 2020

Govt Seeks Emergency Powers To Contain COVID-19, Say Reports

Putrajaya is seeking to implement an "emergency" to contain the worsening COVID-19 pandemic, reports have said.

Pandemic-Drives-Award-Winning-Magician-Into-Durian-Business-And-He-s-Killing-It News
ARTICLE
  • 23 Oct 2020

Pandemic Drives Award-Winning Magician Into Durian Business - And He's Killing It!

Award-winning magician Vikneswaran Allagu hit a hard spot in life, when all his performances got cancelled during the COVID-19 outbreak. However, he weathered through his predicament by marrying his specialty with his other passion - durians. 

COVID-19-Indian-Engineer-Kills-Himself-Due-to-Work-From-Home-Stress News
ARTICLE
  • 23 Oct 2020

COVID-19: Indian Engineer Kills Himself Due to Work From Home Stress

An engineer in Gujarat has ended his own life due to stress of working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Heavier-Punishments-For-Reckless-Intoxicated-Drivers-Come-Into-Effect-Friday News
ARTICLE
  • 22 Oct 2020

Heavier Punishments For Reckless & Intoxicated Drivers Come Into Effect Friday

Heavier punishments for motorists who drive recklessly, and while intoxicated, will come into effect from Friday (Oct 23). 

No-Further-Action-Against-PAS-Minister-For-Breaching-COVID-19-Quarantine-Cops News
ARTICLE
  • 21 Oct 2020

No Further Action Against PAS Minister For Breaching COVID-19 Quarantine: Cops

No further action will be taken against Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister Khairuddin Aman Razali for breaching his COVID-19 quarantine, the police said today. 

Cops-Nab-Woman-Who-Allegedly-Worked-With-Brother-To-Kill-Her-Blind-Husband-for-His-Millions News
ARTICLE
  • 21 Oct 2020

Cops Nab Woman Who Allegedly Worked With Brother To Kill Her Blind Husband for His Millions

Police have detained a woman and her brother for allegedly killing her blind husband to inherit his millions worth of fortune, and trying to stage the incident as a robbery gone wrong.