CLOSE
CLOSE AD

Sugu Pavithra To Make a Comeback On YouTube - Report

  • 27 Jul 2020
Sugu-Pavithra-To-Make-a-Comeback-On-YouTube-Report

YouTube sensation "Sugu Pavithra" will make a comeback on air today.

M Sugu, 29, told Bernama that the video is expected to be uploaded on YouTube the latest by this afternoon, once discussions with various parties are finalised. 

According to the husband of S Pavithra, 28, it was him who had recently deleted all 98 videos on their channel, due to several personal factors.

The couple made the headlines last week following a domestic dispute, over which Sugu has been charged in court. 

Sugu, a former estate worker, also told Bernama that he and his wife do not mind losing their substantial income from YouTube, following the deletion of their videos, as he still has "hands and feet to look for a job."

"Even before this (becoming a YouTuber), I earned money by working," he said, while expressing gratitude to almost 800,000 followers of the Sugu Pavithra channel. 

Pavithra, who was recently recognised as this year's Ipoh City Icon, has since said that she and her husband have decided to not accept anymore awards, moving forward. 

There are a lot of other people in various fields who are more deserving of such awards, she had said. 

The couple became renowned for videos of them cooking traditional Indian dishes, which are narrated in fluent Bahasa Melayu by Pavithra. 

Their channel, which has since been awarded the "Silver Play Button" for surpassing the 100,000 subscribers milestone, was well received by all races and even caught the attention of  Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.


Source: Bernama
Photo source: Astro Awani



Suggested Articles

Penang-s-Silver-Chariot-Procession-Had-No-NSC-Approval-State-DCM-Fumes News
ARTICLE
  • 27 Jan 2021

Penang's Silver Chariot Procession Had No NSC Approval, State DCM Fumes

Penang Deputy Chief Minister II P. Ramasamy has called on the authorities to take stern action against the Nattukottai Chettiar Temple management for running its silver chariot this morning, allegedly without approval from the National Security Council.

Penang-Thaipusam-Still-No-Go-Prayers-to-Be-Telecast-Live-To-Devotees News
ARTICLE
  • 26 Jan 2021

Penang Thaipusam Still No Go, Prayers to Be Telecast 'Live' To Devotees

Thaipusam celebrations in Penang are still no go, despite the National Unity Ministry giving special permission for the Batu Caves temple management to go with its chariot procession. 

COVID-19-Govt-May-Not-Extend-MCO-2-0-Beyond-Feb-4 News
ARTICLE
  • 26 Jan 2021

COVID-19: Govt May Not Extend MCO 2.0 Beyond Feb 4

The government may not extend the second Movement Control Order (MCO 2.0) beyond the tentative end date of Feb 4, as it could be detrimental to the country's economy.

COVID-19-A-Year-On-Health-DG-Laments-There-s-No-End-In-Sight News
ARTICLE
  • 25 Jan 2021

COVID-19: A Year On, Health DG Laments There's No End In Sight

It's been a year since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit Malaysia, but the end is nowhere in sight, the Health director-general has lamented.

Can-This-Gout-Medicine-Reduce-COVID-19-Complications-Deaths-A-New-Study-Says-So News
ARTICLE
  • 25 Jan 2021

Can This Gout Medicine Reduce COVID-19 Complications & Deaths? A New Study Says So...

A Canadian study has found that an anti-inflammatory drug called colchicine, commonly used to treat Gout, can be used to reduce the risk of complications and deaths from COVID-19. 

Medical-Negligence-Govt-Given-Two-Weeks-To-File-Defence-In-Suit-Involving-Teen-s-Permanent-Disability News
ARTICLE
  • 22 Jan 2021

Medical Negligence: Govt Given Two Weeks To File Defence In Suit Involving Teen's Permanent Disability

The Kuala Lumpur High Court has given the government two more weeks to file their defence in a medical negligence suit pertaining to the permanent disability of a teenager following several operations.