Astro Radio has grown its market share to 15.6 million weekly listeners or 74 per cent of 21.1 million available radio listeners, cementing its position as the radio operator with the highest number of listeners locally.
This was revealed in the GfK Radio Audience Measurement Survey (RAM) Wave 2, 2021, which revealed a new high for Malaysian radio as it reached almost 96 per cent individuals in Peninsular Malaysia - equivalent to 21.1 million weekly radio listeners, or an increase of 469,000.
Astro Radio's increased radio listenership was made possible by 312.6 million monthly average digital and video streams, 24.1 million social media followers, and 103 million monthly average Facebook page reach.
Astro Radio brands continued to rank No. 1 across all languages: ERA, the No. 1 Malay brand; HITZ, the No. 1 English brand; MY, the No. 1 Chinese brand; and RAAGA, the No. 1 Tamil brand.
• ERA continued to achieve Malaysia’s highest weekly reach amongst young Malay listeners between the ages of 10 to 29, with 2.9 million listeners.
• SINAR remained Malaysia’s second most-listened-to brand with a weekly listenership of 4.6 million.
• GEGAR, Malaysia’s No. 1 radio brand in the East Coast, reached 2.3 million weekly listeners.
• With an increase to 2.6 million weekly listeners, HITZ also achieved the highest ‘Exclusive Audience’ for English brands at 328,000 listeners, the Highest Breakfast for English brands with 1.2 million listeners and the Highest Drive for English brands with 1.3 million listeners.
• MIX recorded an increase to 1.2 million weekly listeners, with the Breakfast and Drive segment increasing to 519,000 listeners and 584,000 listeners respectively, which marks increases of almost 115,000 (Breakfast) and 150,000 (Drive).
• LITE saw an increase in its weekly listeners to 937,000 with its Drive segment now reaching 432,000 listeners and an increase in Exclusive Audience to 108,000 listeners.
• Weekly listenership on MY increased by 300,000 growing to 2.5 million, while the Breakfast and Drive segments achieved the highest number of listeners for Chinese brands with 1.6million for each of the segments.
• RAAGA increased its weekly listeners to 1.5 million. This increase was also reflected in the Breakfast segment with a high of 1 million listeners, and an increase of more than 120,000 in the Drive segment to 936,000 listeners. RAAGA also recorded an increase in Exclusive Audience by 43,000 to 622,000.
The survey was carried out over 6 weeks with a mix of traditional radio diaries (75 per cent) and e-diaries (25 per cent) distributed to 6,000 unique individuals across Peninsular Malaysia to capture their listening habits. 20 commercial radio brands subscribed to this wave and Astro Radio secured six positions in the Top 10 brands ranking.
Fri Nov 12 2021
Five Actresses Who've Shared Their Struggles with Mental Health!
Check out these five Kollywood actresses who were bold enough to break through celebrity boundaries and open up about their mental health!
Meet The Baker Who Makes Surreally Lifelike Indian-Themed Designer Cakes
You would have probably come across images of Sundri Ramesh's works of art - cakes that look exactly like a saree, or other Indian traditional clothes. This is the story of the baker who gave up her corporate career to pursue her passion.
Five Famous Celebrity Babies of Kollywood!
Let's take a look at five famous Kollywood babies who have become social media favorites!
6 Kollywood Actresses Who Run Their Own Businesses
Check out K-town celebrities who managed to venture into successful businesses apart from being busy actresses!
Standing Tall: Quick Facts About World's Second Tallest Building, Merdeka 118
Here are some quick facts about Merdeka 118, the world's second-tallest building, which has put the country back on the world map.
Five Quick Reasons We Are Lucky to Be Malaysians!
Malaysians celebrate our independence on August 31 and Hari Malaysia on Sept 16. No matter what our racial and religious beliefs are, here are five quick reasons we should all be proud of being Malaysians...
Once Malnourished India is Getting Fatter: Survey
Long known as a country of malnourished, underweight people, India is inching its way into becoming an obese country, a government survey has revealed.
A Rare Picture of Thala Ajith's First-Ever Role in Film!
Tasty Maracurry Mess Recipes Fresh from The Pot!
Maracurry Mess is a show airing on Astro Vaanavil (Ch201), featuring renowned local chef Rajesh Subramaniam whipping up delicious vegetarian dishes.
Five Actors Who Rocked Both Hero & Villain Roles In Tamil Cinema!
These are some of the Kollywood actors who're well known for playing both hero and villain in movies...
Unknown Facts About Navrathri!
These are some of the unknown facts about Navrathri...
Stop Bullying Before It Starts!
The traits of a bully can be easily spotted in someone's childhood. This responsibility largely lies with parents, teacher and the society!
Astro Announces Succession Plans
Why Is Navarathiri Celebrated?
Here's how the story goes...
Nine Avatars Of Goddess Durga
During the war between Durga and Mahishasura, Durga takes nine different forms over nine days to win over the demon...
Scientific Reason Behind Fasting On Navarathri
Here are the scientific reasons behind fasting on the nine days of Navarathri...
Auditions now open for Ultimate Star Search 2022 on Astro
Aspiring Malaysian talents aged 18 to 35 years old are invited to participate in the Ultimate Star Search 2022 on Astro for a chance to begin a career as a TV or radio host.
What Are Yasmin & Suresh Doing In The Kitchen? And Why Did They Say They’re Not Guilty?
Something delicious is happening in the kitchen. Join Suresh and Yasmin as they deep fry a bunch of food with NeuVida cooking oil.
Astro customers to enjoy up to 50% off Padma Shree Hariharan concert tickets
Astro customers can enjoy up to 50% off concert tickets to legendary Indian playback singer Padma Shree Hariharan live in Malaysia on 12 November, 7pm at the Putrajaya International Convention Centre.
A.R RAHMAN 'LIVE IN CONCERT' TO WOW MALAYSIAN FANS IN JANUARY 2023!!
After a gap of six (6) long years, internationally-acclaimed Indian composer, A.R Rahman is coming to Malaysia, thanks to a spectacular concert - `A. R Rahman - Secret of Success - Live in Malaysia 2023