The government has removed the limit on the number of people allowed to share the same table in restaurants in areas under Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO).

According to Malay Mail, this was listed in a table of new standard operating procedures (SOPs) set by the National Security Council (NSC), in its official Facebook account recently.

There is however, yet to be an official announcement on this.

The NSC reportedly said that despite the removal of the limit, which comes into force with immediate effect, diners will still have to maintain a one-metre physical distance from each other.

"Restaurants and eateries are allowed to operate through dine-in (with a physical distancing of one metre between customers, according to the size of the table), takeaway, delivery or drive-through with compliance under the food and beverage sector SOP," the directive said.

SOP PERINTAH KAWALAN PERGERAKAN BERSYARAT (PKPB)

Posted by Majlis Keselamatan Negara on Sunday, 6 December 2020
Previously, the government had limited two diners to a table when the CMCO was first enforced in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya on Oct 14. The number was later revised to four to a table on Nov 1.

Putrajaya recently extended the CMCO for Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, and Sabah, for a further two weeks (until Dec 20), following a surge of COVID-19 cases there.

Certain restrictions, however, were lifted, including allowing people to travel interdistrict and interstate. The limit on the number of passengers in a single vehicle was also lifted.

So far, there has been a total of 74,294 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, with 384 deaths.

The global infection and death tally from the coronavirus has surpassed 67.9 million, and 1.5 million, respectively.


Source: Malay Mail
Photo source: Rojakdaily