Application for the initiative, under the Bantuan Kasih Bangsa Johor scheme launched by Menteri Besar Onn Hafiz Ghazi, is open from June 1 until the end of the year.
Below are among the terms and conditions to qualify for the scheme:
- Applicants must be aged 40 and below
- The initiative only applies to the first marriage of non-Muslims, including the Orang Asli
- The date of marriage registration must be from April 14 to Dec 31, 2022
- Applicants must earn below RM5,000 (household income) to qualify
- The applicants must hail from Johor, or at least have resided in the state the last three years.
You can refer to the Unity Johor Facebook page to gain more information on this initiative.
Photo source: Pexels