Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced this in a press conference broadcast live on Facebook today.
Here are some of the new restrictions that will be enforced, beginning Wednesday.
- Eateries, supermarkets, and petrol stations will be allowed to operate from 8am to 8pm.
- The same operating hours will apply to food delivery services.
- Public transport services will function from 6am to 10am, and then from 5pm to 10pm daily.
- Taxi and e-hailing services can operate from 6am to 10pm daily.
- Commercial transporation for essential goods like food and medicines encouraged to operate from 7pm to 7am.
- Private vehicles are allowed on the roads with the driver only, except for cases of emergency.
- Social activities are not allowed to take place in gated communities. People with disabilities or autism are allowed to see therapy during the MCO, as long as it is not done in a group.
It will be status quo for houses of worship, with all mosques, churches, and temples to remain closed until the end of the MCO.
The MCO was implemented starting March 18 and was extended to April 14.
COVID-19 has infected about 2,470 people in the country, as of yesterday, and claimed 34 lives.
Photo source: Astro Awani