Here is a quick look of the Dos and Don'ts when you pay your penance to Lord Muruga.
- Only fully vaccinated adults aged 18 and above will be allowed to participate in celebrations, and practising physical distancing of one metre and wearing face masks at all times, are a must.
- Kavadi bearing is completely prohibited at all locations of celebration
- Chariot processions are allowed, but only a limited number of temple committee members are allowed to follow the procession.
- Milk pot (paal kudam) bearing is allowed, but devotees must register with the temple in advance and wear a tag issues by the temple.
- Head shaving is allowed, in line with current SOPs for barbershops.
- Ritual baths are allowed, but only at areas prescribed by the temple management.
- No temporary stalls are allowed to be set up around the temple area. Permanent ones are, however, allowed to operate.
- "Thannir pandhal" and "annathaanam" (food and drink offerings) are prohibited, either during chariot processions or around the temples.
Photo source: CNN