- Sridevi was born in the year 1963 to Ayyapan Yanger and Rajeswari Yanger, and was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan. She adapted the name Sridevi for her screen life.
- She started her career in Kollywood at the tender age of four in 1969 and made her foray into Bollywood as the lead actress in 1979.
- Sridevi was considered to play a brief role in Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park (1993). However, she declined the offer as was busy with Bollywood projects.
- Sridevi was 13, when she played the role of Rajinikanth's stepmother in a Tamil film called Moondru Mudichu (1976). Years later she played his love interest in Chaalbaaz (1989).
- During the shoot of Maqsad (1984), Rajesh Khanna and Jeetendra decided to break the ice between Jaya Prada and Sridevi who didn’t share a cordial relationship, and locked them up in a room. But when they opened the door, both were sitting silently in the two corners of the room.
Credit: Indian Express, IndiaTVnews and HindustanTimes