We bet you’ve tried Chicken, Mutton, Fish, Seafood or Vegetarian Biryani but have you tried mixed biryani?
If the answer is no, it’s time for you to try the delicious mixed biryani with chicken, prawn and fish!
Astro Ulagam found a mouthwatering mixed biryani recipe for you to try on Deepavali. It’s absolutely the perfect time to impress your family and friends on this festival.
Chicken breast – 200 gms (cut into strips)
Prawns – 200 gms (remove tail and devein)
Fish Fillet – 150 gms (cut into thick chunks)
Basmati Rice – 2 and ½ cups (Wash and Soak in 4 cups of water)
Red Onions – 3 big, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2 big, finely cubed
Ginger and Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Green Chilli – 3 or more for heat, slit
Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
Garam Masala Powder (optional) – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Mint leaves – 1 cup, chopped
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup, chopped
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cardamom – 4 nos
Cloves – 6 nos
Bay leaves – 2 nos
Star anise – 1
1) Combine ginger garlic paste and turmeric. Then, marinate chicken strips, prawns and fish fillet. Keep it aside.
2) Heat ghee in a pan and sauté the chopped onions. When onions are soft, add green chilies and ginger garlic paste. Cook for a minute and then add the mint leaves. Once the mint leaves shrunk, add the tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
3) Now, only add the marinated chicken and prawn to the pan. Sauté until the chicken turns pale. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Sauté for few seconds.
4) Next, add water in which the rice was soaked and bring to a boil. Cover pan with lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked. Then, gently add the fish slices and cook for 2 minutes.
5) Then, add the rice and gently mix without breaking the fish. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes until the rice is soft and fluffy
6) Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with boiled eggs and red onion raita!
Resource: myerecipecorner.com, tasteofindia.com
Picture credit: myerecipecorner.com, indianhealthyrecipes.com