First, you need to prepare the cauliflower rice by simply grating it with a grater or with a food processor.
Now that you have prepared your cauliflower rice, you can follow Astro Ulagam’s easy yet delicious recipe to cook healthy shrimp rice.
8 ounces shrimp uncooked, shelled and deveined
salt for seasoning
pepper according to preference
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 eggs beaten
2 cloves garlic minced
3/4 cup carrots diced
3/4 cup peas fresh or frozen
1 head cauliflower shredded into very small pieces (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon Sesame oil
2 stalks green onion thinly sliced
1) Season shrimps with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
2) Heat a wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
3) Cook the shrimp and set it aside.
4) Pour in the beaten eggs, cook into small scrambled pieces and set aside.
5) Increase the heat, add oil and fry the minced garlic until fragrant.
6) Add the peas and cook for 1 minute. Then, add the cauliflower rice and spread it evenly in the pan. Allow to cook for 2 minute.
7) Mix the rice and lower heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook until the cauliflower rice is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes or longer if needed.
8) Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Add the eggs and shrimp.
9) Garnish with sliced green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!
Picture credit: daringgourmet.com, jessicagavin.com