Senior Minister (security) Ismail Sabri Yaakob told a press conference yesterday that the measure was needed to stem the rise in COVID-19 cases in the two states, and also the emergence of new virus variants.
Here are some quick pointers you should know about the enhanced lockdown:
- Only factories producing essential items, such as rice, bread, sugar, cooking oil, wheat, fresh milk, baby formula, medicine and face masks will be allowed to operate throughout the two weeks.
- Travel is not allowed after 8pm, unless for emergencies or with prior police approval.
- Only one person from a household is allowed to shop for essentials within a 10km radius.
- Interdistrict and interstate travel for vaccination appointments is allowed. All one have to do is show their appointment in the MySejahtera app.
- Those allowed to work during the EMCO can use their previously issued MITI letters and workers can use authorisation letters from employers or valid work pass.
- Only two people, including the driver, are allowed inside taxis and e-hailing rides
- Public transport can operate at 50 percent capacity.
- Restaurants, food stalls and food trucks can operate from 8am to 8pm, but only take-away or drive-through service is allowed.
- The same operational hours apply to groceries, pharmacies, and pet shops.
- Petrol stations can open from 6am to 8pm while those on highways can open 24 hours.
- Hospitals, clinics, and medical laboratories can operate 24 hours.
- No sports, social and recreational activities allowed during the EMCO.
Photo source: Free Malaysia Today